- Olympus E-400 video tour
- Olympus E-400 design and controls
- Olympus E-400 lens coverage
- Olympus E-400 screen
- Olympus E-400 sensor and files
- Olympus E-400 anti dust
- Outdoor scene - Olympus E-400 vs Canon EOS 400D / XTi vs Panasonic L1
- Olympus E-400 resolution comparison
- Olympus E-400 noise level comparison
- Olympus E-400 vs Canon EOS 400D / XTi vs Panasonic L1 real-life noise
- Olympus E-400 corner sharpness comparison
- Olympus E-400 purple fringing comparison
- Olympus E-400 wide-angle geometry comparison
- Olympus E-400 wide-angle uniformity comparison
- Olympus E-400 verdict
Olympus E-400 gallery
The following images were taken with the Olympus E-400 using the Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 lens. The E-400 was set SHQ quality, Auto White Balance, Digital ESP Metering and its default Vivid Picture Mode. The individual exposure mode, file sizes, shutter speeds, aperture, ISO and lens focal length are listed for each image.
The crops are taken from the original files, reproduced at 100% and saved in Adobe Photoshop CS2 as JPEGs with the default Very High quality preset, while the resized images were made in Photoshop CS2 and saved with the default High quality preset. The three crops are typically taken from far left, central and far right portions of each image.
Note since conducting this test Olympus has released a Firmware update for the E-400 which sets the default Picture Mode to Natural. This tones down the images compared to the Vivid mode used throughout our tests and Gallery shots here.
Portrait: 6.85MB, Program, 1/200, f9, ISO 200, 14-42mm at 28mm (equivalent to 56mm)
Landscape: 6.14MB, Program, 1/125, f7.1, ISO 400, 14-42mm at 42mm (equivalent to 84mm)
Macro: 7.27MB, Program, 1/200, f8, ISO 100, 14-42mm at 42mm (equivalent to 84mm)
Indoor: 6.13MB, Program, 1/60, f4.5, ISO 800, 14-42mm at 14mm (equivalent to 28mm)
Indoor: 6.60MB, Program, 1/125, f7.1, ISO 1600, 14-42mm at 29mm (equivalent to 58mm)