Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:40 pm 
I tried out some flower shots with my new gorillapod when I was in Spain last week:

EXIF:
# Shutter Speed = 1/1000 second = 0.001 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 33/10 = F3.3
# Exposure Program = manual control (1)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100

EXIF:
# Shutter Speed = 1/100 second = 0.01 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 28/10 = F2.8

EXIF:
# Shutter Speed = 1/250 second = 0.004 second

EXIF:
# Shutter Speed = 1/1000 second = 0.001 second

EXIF:
# Shutter Speed = 1/80 second = 0.0125 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 32/10 = F3.2

I am completely new to this type of photography, so all criticism is very much appreciated ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm 
Pretty good, although they seem to have a bluish tint to them. White balance not set properly? I have a FZ18, and one recommendation I might give would be to stand back and zoom in. It produces a stronger bokeh. I also think it's a little too saturated (although the ones I have below could probably stand to be a little more saturated).

Last edited by csrussell on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:23 am 
Now this natural beauty, it is difficult to see in the.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:22 pm 

WOW!

Good shots. Where do you live csrussle because I have like all of these plants in my neighborhood and I was just wondering if you were anywhere close to me.

I really like the ants. It almost shows like a story behind them and they are meeting for something! I like the Hibiscus you(andreasnorway) did but the only thing I didn't like is the effect of it being cold. Me being a Florida boy, my mind just says no to cold! Haha. Other then that I really like them.

Both of you, good shots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:18 pm 
csrussell.... :D :D nice ants...

second and third are my favourite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:47 am 
I shot all of these in Hawaii, on the island of Oahu specifically. My family lives there and I frequently visit them during the summers and Christmas as well. Sadly, I don't live there, and am cursed with the Texas landscape. I do my best to take advantage of it whenever I go there though, and I make sure to take tons of pictures!

The last one was shot from above, looking down a wall from the top zoomed in at 18x. It was really precarious getting that shot. I was afraid I was going to drop my camera 15ft, and after that there was the danger of it rolling down the gulch and being lost forever! The ants in Hawaii are actually quite big, but don't sting at all. You can let them run all over your hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:14 am 
csrussell wrote:
I shot all of these in Hawaii, on the island of Oahu specifically. My family lives there and I frequently visit them during the summers and Christmas as well. Sadly, I don't live there, and am cursed with the Texas landscape. I do my best to take advantage of it whenever I go there though, and I make sure to take tons of pictures!

The last one was shot from above, looking down a wall from the top zoomed in at 18x. It was really precarious getting that shot. I was afraid I was going to drop my camera 15ft, and after that there was the danger of it rolling down the gulch and being lost forever! The ants in Hawaii are actually quite big, but don't sting at all. You can let them run all over your hands.

There is a natural flavor, is ah, I agree with you that.