Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Trip to Middle Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:57 am 
Hi All

This is my first picture post so I hope I have done it right!!!

Here are a few of my photos of my trip to Middle Earth (NZ) !! beautiful scenery, not sure if it should be included in the travel photography section? Any tips or advice more than welcome!!! :D

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/28115530@N03/2625462225/

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/28115530@N03/2626289586/

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/28115530@N03/2625447071/

[/img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/28115530@N03/2625443365/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:51 am 

I can't make these photos come up for the life of me..I may be doing something wrong...

patti

Post subject: Re: Trip to Middle Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 am 
DanielD wrote:
Hi All

This is my first picture post so I hope I have done it right!!!

'fraid not. ;)

This is perhaps what you wanted. I don't know which size you wanted to post.

There is a very useful [Preview] button when you post. If you use that you can see in advance whether everything turns out the way you want. You can keep changing things until they look right and then you actually post by pressing the [Submit] button.

Success.

Ben

PS: Pictures are nice BTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:04 am 
It's not you patti, it's the way DanielD has posted them....

Daniel if you want to show pics on the forum start with [img]copy%20the%20image%20(on%20flickr%20is%20something%20like%20farmstatic3/4)%20end%20with[/img] do not include any spaces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:35 am 
Defiance wrote:
It's not you patti, it's the way DanielD has posted them....

Daniel if you want to show pics on the forum start with [img]copy%20the%20image%20(on%20flickr%20is%20something%20like%20farmstatic3/4)%20end%20with[/img] do not include any spaces.

And also the URL between the image tags must end with .jpg
Otherwise you are trying to display a web page as an image. Which won't work. That's what you have done in your original posting.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:31 am 
Thanks Cam-I-Am you are a champion!!

I will practise with a few more pictures!!!
Kind Regards

Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:45 pm 
i am so jealousing. new zealand is gorgeous, never been, but i will before i die.

are they still doing the LOTR tours there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 am 
NZ is gorgeous, even a poor amateur, first time DSLR owner such as myself can take some good photos :D

The landscape really does do all the talking, one just needs to set up a camera and listen 8)

In Queenstown (where we spent some of our time) there is a myriad of tours you can do and I am certain LOTR is one of them (after all its one of NZ's biggest cash cows :wink: _)

We did

Milford Sound
Doubtful Sound
Glow Worm Caves (Te Anau)

Hiking along the Routebourne track (just a 3hr walk up to the alpine summit nature walk) (I really recommend this to ANYONE going to Milford Sound (its along the way) as its so beautiful and as you walk up the track the landscape changes from Beech Forests to brush/scrub and finally to Tundra. At Alpine summit there are also bogs/marshes (reminisant of LOTR))

My wifes a Kiwi so we get to over quite a bit 8)
Also for anyone who is aviation enthusiast, they have "Warbirds over Wanaka", a mainly historical airshow that runs every two years. Wanaka is only about 1hr drive from Queenstown and its usually on during the easter school holidays. It's the best historical airshow in the southern hemisphere. Last time I went I only had a PAS but was still impressed with the results. Now that I have a DSLR I am pining for a return visit!!!

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:25 am 
DanielD that last picture is brilliant.. i love the cloud just over the lake.. were the clouds that low or is the lake that high in elevation!!.. this is brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:45 am 
Thanks Dan!!

This shot was taken driving home after a hard day of sight seeing, I rounded a bend in the road and stumbled across this great vista. I literally pulled the car over as quick as I could (...legally :wink: ) grabbed my camera bag and tripod, ran down to the shore of the lake set everything up as quick as I could (hence the slight crockedness) and took a few exposures. I managed to get 4 before the light completely failed.

The weather was quite inclemental all day with brief periods of sunshine through low clouds of misty rain.

I then returned to the car with a still sleeping wife ( :D ) and carried on.

The photo has had no 'work' done on it and was shot in JPEG.

This is a great example of the stunning landscape in NZ and how one can quite literally stumble across some great shots

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers
Daniel