Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:00 pm 
I have recently purchased this lens a few days ago. I have to say I am very impressed with the sharpness and build quality. The only thing that is bothering me is the slow and stuttery auto-focus. I manually focus most everything anyway so no biggie.

The lens is quite think and heavy, witch is to be expected for a full frame lens that has a huge aperture.

The focus ring is very smooth, no catching or screeching.

The glass is very clean and sharp, especially with the nano crystal coat.

Photo #1 Normal Image

Photo #2 (Cropped)

This is the sharpest nikkor I own to date. It does more than just macro photography, this lens is good for much more.

Overall 5/5 *s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:17 pm 
Just added your review to this list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 pm 
What do you think of this lens in normal day to day shooting? For example portraits? I heard very good things about this the bokeh of this lens. Just wondering how the autofocus is in normal shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm 
Well, a macro lens would be very unforgiving in terms of portrait, for the person being portrayed. You see, because it's so sharp, it won't mask any little wrinkle or other skin defect that would go unnoticed with a "regular" prime lens.