Just a heads up that DPR is an unfriendly site as they actively (through software) block their forum members from linking to us here at CameraLabs. While I strongly disagree with their censorious attitude that makes me even more wary about reproducing what is arguably their copyrightable text on the forum. As a result, regretfully, I've had to remove the quoted text from your post.
It's a good spot, though, so I've gone the extra mile and reproduced the details directly from Sigma's own announcement
New Product Announcement; 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
13.8 times high magnification zoom ratio lens, exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras and equipped with OS (Optical Stabilizer) technology
18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM incorporates Sigma's original anti-shake compensation function, with a 13.8 times zoom ratio. As opposed to having an anti-shake function in the camera body, this lens’s Hybrid Optical Stabilizer provides not only an anti-shake function for the camera body, but also compensates for image shaking in the view finder as the Optical Stabilizer is built in to the lens. Incorporating four Special Low Dispersion glass elements and three aspherical lens elements provides excellent image quality throughout the entire zoom range. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 45cm (17.7 inches) at all focal lengths and a maximum magnification of 1: 3.4 reproduction ratio, making it ideal for close-up photography. An inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making it suitable for use with circular polarizing filters and the supplied petal-type hood. Incorporating super multi layer coating reduce the ghost in the backlight photography.
18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
Petal-type Hood (LH780-04) supplied
Mounts: Sigma, Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with 35mm SLR cameras or digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size.
- Equipped with Sigma's own unique OS (Optical Stabilizer) technology
- Four SLD elements and three aspherical lenses provide high image quality throughout the entire zoom range
- Minimum focusing distance of 45cm/17.7 inches and a maximum magnification of 1:3.4 makes it ideal for close-up photography
- Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting
THE SPECIFICATIONS (For Sigma mount)
- Lens Construction : 18 Elements 14 Groups
- Angle of View : 69.3°-5.7°
- Number of blades : 7pcs
- Minimum Aperture : F22
- Minimum Focusing Distance Distance : 45cm/17.7in.
- Maximum Magnification : 1：3.4
- Filter Size : Ø72mm
- Lens Hood : Petal-type hood
- Dimensions : Ø79mm×101mm/3.1in.×4in.
- Weight : 630g/22.2oz.
Looks interesting, although it's still a couple of months away from release. As Enche suggests, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating so the reviews will be instructive.