Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 pm 
Hi, Just wanna say thanks to someone who already voted my works.
I appreciate it eventhough my work looked like digital imaging instead of the art photography itself if I compare to others.

Btw, congrats for mikeroch..at least your work is leading right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:18 pm 

Hi Joseluissc, Thank you for the comments you made on my assignment entry. It was also interesting reading your thoughts and your opinions on other entries too, just as you did last month. Its nice that you have taken the time and the effort posting your thoughts , im sure others agree too. Regard sue :)

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 pm 
naniani wrote:
Hi Joseluissc, Thank you for the comments you made on my assignment entry. It was also interesting reading your thoughts and your opinions on other entries too, just as you did last month. Its nice that you have taken the time and the effort posting your thoughts , im sure others agree too. Regard sue :)

Thank you Sue! :)
I don't know well if I started this comments since my registration on the CameraLabs Forums. I suppose so.
It's a pleasure you like my comments... I intend to make them every month, independently of my eventual participation...
Hope to be always as a kind of stimulation, in a constructive way, despite the possible criticism.

A little more about your submission... and I think you got the message... no matter was a fiesta, mondeo, focus, whatever, those images add an extra price!!! :) ;)

Cheers,

Post subject: We have a winner
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 am 

Congratulations to mikeroch who has won the December "On Assignment".

Mike, it's over to you to decide on a theme for February's Assignment. Pease let us know your theme and rules, plus any conditions like allowing post processing, montages etc., by adding a post to this thread by the 31st January - preferably a bit earlier!

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:48 am 

A big `Congratulations` to you Mikeroch for winning this months assignment. Well done. Sue :)

I would also like to thank everyone who voted for my entry this month. Still cant believe how many votes i got :shock: Thanks again, sue :)

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 am 

Thanks for the votes guys and gals ... I took my first photo with a Box Brownie won at a fairground when aged 5 and created my own darkroom aged 11, so winning my first competition aged 60 is quite a thrill. I feel a Kate Winslett-esque emotional outburst coming on!

The topic I am proposing is "TENSION". A single exposure with basic post processing permitted to enhance rather than radically change the composition. The image should speak for itself requiring little additional explanation. Contributors are encouraged to hard crop their original; allow the subject to dictate the format.

No cunning theme-bending please. A technically outstanding picture of a fluffy little kitten that has been shoe-horned into the theme with the text "my Tiddles gets really TENSE if she doesn't get her daily dose of Moggy-Meat" is a transparent device and unworthy of the forum.

Regular rules apply: 500 pixels largest dimension. Shot during the month of February, state any PP applied, add a brief explanation of subject if necessary, state camera and lens data, any special exposure or lighting setup employed.

GOOD LUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 am 

Hi Mike,

Great theme - I'm getting all tense just thinking about it. :roll:

It's great to have an early heads up for the theme but forgive me if I just remind the new members that the shot has to be taken during the month of February so while we can all get our thinking caps on (my head hurts - more tension :lol: ) the shutter button can't be clicked until February. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:19 pm 
Hello,

Allow me to accentuate Bob's feeling with something that can serve us as inspiration.
So I chose a theme from Lemon Jelly, I think of 1998: "Nervous Tension"

Let me also take this opportunity to congratulate Mike for his Decembers work, and also for his February theme choice!

Bests,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:01 pm 

Congrats Mike on the win, and Sue for a popular second place.
Mike I think your subject for February is great, I think a lot of people may be dusting off their macro lenses?
regards John :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8