Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 pm 

Pentium D mate, old Netburst arcitecture.

ohh well, go ahead but really, i've been using 2GB for ages and its only sicne i got my new camera i've found editing files begging to find - and directly telling me at one point rofl! - that i dont have i dont have enough ram.

But I work with like 20 firefox windows open, messenger and media player along with adobe lightroom, and lightroom in actual fact uses about 1.4GB, and probably would use more if firefox wasnt running.

Of course you can spend £100..but I wouldnt spend any less than £100 on a GPU alone and that'd just be for accelerating HD video, gaming i wouldnt spend less than £200 on a GPU, I've spent £300+ on all my GPUs when they first come out to ensure I get the longest amount of time out of them.

TBH there are some things in life you can skimp money on.

A computer IS NOT one of those things.

You get what you pay for, and to get something good, you pay lots.

There are gems out there, Q6600 being one of them, great overclocker, really large Cache (8 compared to 6Mb of the lower end quad cores now) but still you have to spend a lot of money.

Best thing to do? Having done this since i was like 10.

Buy the best bits you can AS SOON AS THEY COME OUT. give it a month or two maybe, but really, you have to buy the new tech when its out so you get the longest lifespan out of it. I've had my PC for ... 2 years now? That is the longest I have ever had a computer without upgrading it. Why havn't i done so yet? Never needed to, I picked reasonabley priced bits at the time, to get the best price/performance ratio and got the parts as soon as the Core 2 Duo I wanted became avaliable, E6600 2.4ghz (currently @ 3Ghz)

Sorry for ranting on haha, but i've done this for a while and thats really the only way to do it.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:55 pm 
DD_nVidia wrote:
Dont spend any more money on it.

300W...thats like nothing. and im betting the system isnt much if its that size of psu, so upgrading the gpu ram and psu wont do anything if your cpu cant keep up.

I have a 700W and really I wouldnt put anything less than 600 in a gaming system.

Get a nice big 800W with a large fan so its more quiet.

Core 2 Quad Q6600, great bang for buck and a great overclocker.
get an Asus board, something over £80-100.
Grab 2 x 2 GB DDR2 -800, preferably something thats got decent heat sinks since you'll clock it up to 1066mhz. DDR3 at 1066 is slower because of its higher latency
Also get a nvidia GeForce GTX260, and overclock it.

NOBODY (except those who run 2 graphic cards together) needs more than a 550W Power supply! actually, even 450W is enough for most PCs, as long as you stick with good brands such as Be Quiet! or Corsair of course. Getting an 800W PSU only means a higher price and a higher electricity bill since it sucks a little more power in standby-mode