Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:33 am 
I finally found a bag big enough to allow me to carry ALL my equipment with me at once! I have taken several photos to illustrate this awesome bag.

First of all, here's the bag, fully loaded with tripod. This bag is 12 lbs. empty and fully loaded with all my stuff it's in the neighborhood of 25-30. It's no problem for me, since I'm a great big haus but someone with a small frame may not like it for the weight

As you can see it's got lots of clips and elastic to hook almost anything onto it you can think of.

Lots of cushioning for your back and adjustable harness. Once I played with this a little I managed to get a very comfortable fit. The belt harness keeps the weight on your hips. Very easy to carry.

Included is a day-pack. This is good for me if I am camping and just was a few things to take with me for a short day hike. (Of course, leaving someone trustworthy in charge of my other stuff).

All weather sealing. I tested this while being caught in a downpour with it on, but only for about 10 minutes - no leaks. Have yet to see how it does in an all-day assault. Not pictured is the plastic cover with elastic that covers the entire pack, it was left out of mine when I got it, but I called Lowepro and they're mailing it to me.

Lots of storage space. This pack is pretty deep, notice the speedlite case in the center; it actually has a 70-300 telephoto underneath it and still allows the pack to close flush. Of course my 40D and EF 28-135 were used to take this photo. The side pads where the camera fits keeps it snugly held.

Just to give you an idea of the size, this is how big it is on your back. It's depth when turning around in confined spaces takes some getting used to. Please excuse the bad focus on this and the next photo, had to use a tripod since I was alone at the time.

This shows how the straps ride in front. Again, the harness is fully adjustable as is the belt strap.

Of course it comes with a lifetime guarantee which is nice. If you would like more information on this, here is the Lowepro site:
http://products.lowepro.com/product/Photo-Trekker%20AW%20II,1992.htm

I have yet to actually take it out for more than a day, and will come back and let you know how it actually did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:10 pm 

This post has become unusable without the pictures :?
I am looking for a bag like this one (the photo trekker or nature trekker) and was wondering, what is the biggest difference apart from the difference in size?