Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: selling my photos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:07 am 
Hi everyone
i have read the going pro topics and i know there is a very a like topic going on but i didnt really understand it
i want advise on how to sell my photos and how to advitise them but on a small buget
Thank you
Miles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 am 
Welcome to the CL Forums Milespa3!

Word-of mouth is the best form of advertisement, getting friends and family to spread to word is the most effective and cheap way of getting your name heard.

Next establish a workflow, are you going to outsource prints? Or are you going to print them yourself? I use Mpix online labs because all of my prints are blown up 11x14 and 13x19s

Finally, get some advice from other art or photo-orientated people, and ask them what could be improved or what are some strong points. After all it's important that the client is satisfied, not what the photographer thinks is a good print.

Good Luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 pm 
Hey miles! Nick ere btw! If you got a local gift shop or post office for your town/village etc, ask them if they might want some postcards/a calendar? There is a gift shop down the road for this big estate and they would like some calendars for next year! So if there happens to be something like that near you ask them! You never know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:38 am 
Like fearless leader said, word of mouth is the best advertising.

Here at school, I went out one Sunday afternoon to take pictures of some of the guys in my house skateboard. After, I showed them the pictures, and since I'm a nice guy gave them the pictures for free.

Anyways, long story short, they started telling everybody that I was a good photographer (which is crap, but I'll take what they give me). I then started taking pictures for the rugby team, for other peoples school projects, and even for facebook profiles.

Now I need to know how to make some money off of it :roll:

So, if any of your friends do something, like mountain biking, skateboarding, etc... It would be a good idea to go and take pictures of them. You will learn alot, and it will get the word of mouth out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 pm 
EricD wrote:
Now I need to know how to make some money off of it :roll:

Hand them a business card, with all your info and contact stuff. Also put something like "Freelance Photographer" and people will get the idea. btw nice camera, the D50 was my first DSLR.