Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:21 pm 
I've had my heart set on buying the canon 40D when it comes out and now it has! I have my money ready but was wondering on what lens i should get with it. As i'm thinking for the long run i will probably upgrade to a full frame camera in a couple of years so was thinking about the L series lenses. Whats the thoughts on the 24-105mm f4. I can't find any video reviews except with the 5D althoughit said on youtube that you had done one with the rebel xti?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hello and welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Yes, we are halfway through our 24-105mm with the 400D / XTi review! But we used the 24-105mm to test the 40D, so there's lots of samples with it throughout our review - check out our Gallery here

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon ... ages.shtml

It's a superb lens to go for so long as it's wide enough for you on the 40D.

If you want a more general purpose wider lens, then the EF-S 17-85mm is a great choice, but it won't work on a full-frame body if you upgrade in the future. See:

http://www.cameralabs.com/features/Cano ... s_upgrade/

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:53 am 
I just want to say thanks for the quick reply, i've joined other forums and they've taken days to reply. Your videos a amazingly helpful and are explained so well. I don't know whether i'm meant to start a new topic but i wanted to know whether to get an aditional flash and is the $600 difference between the 70-200mm f4 and the f2.8 worth the money for a keen amature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi, it's probably best to start a new thread in the Canon forum about the flash...

As for the 70-200, both the f4 and the f2.8 are great lenses - the f2.8 is excellent, but of course it's big, heavy and pricey, so it depends how much you want or need that extra stop in aperture. Are you really serious about sports and (relatively close) wildlife?

If you end up with the f4 though, you'll still have an excellent lens...