Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:29 am 
Great pictures everyone!

Shagrath you're picture is beautiful! It makes me wanna get up early and shoot something like that too!

Nice picture phani_astronomy ! But could you give some description on you're photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:19 am 

great image Shinogo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:28 am 

Thanks, Rostyslav! Hope I get a few votes at least :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 pm 
I think this month have really good entries.
Well done so far everyone !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:41 am 
Welcome to the forums akadime! Hope you enjoy yor stay here!
What a lovely entry to both the forum and this months contest. Good luck! :)

0eyvind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:04 pm 

gregory.rotter wrote:
what made you want to shoot wide open at F2, 1/4000th shutter speed, Iso 200, when you could have easily done the same shot at F2,8, 1/1000th and Iso 100?

Easy: I seldom want everything sharp with lots of dof. I want to hit the focus on the most important part (the eyes in this case) and gracefully fade everything else away. It was also helpful to get the shortest possible shutter time as the dog was speeding around like crazy. It just looks so serene :wink:
As to ISO 100: That could lose you some highlights on the D300 where ISO 200 is the stadard lo ISO setting. And I always fear losing highlights. That's why I almost always shoot with -1EV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:15 pm 

Thomas...I love that shot!
Shag, those colors are pretty neat...whooohooo this is gonna be hard voting
I would participate, but in So. Cal. today, it will be close to 78 Degrees...
We don't have winter!
yet.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 am 
Quote:
Welcome to the forums akadime! Hope you enjoy yor stay here!

Thanks, 0eyvind! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:24 pm 
Robodent, that picture is marvellous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:02 am 

As I said before Mark, you have my vote... Great job man!

It was close between you and a few others but I thought that it did the best of interpreting the assignment theme! Great job to all and I can't wait to see who wins!

50mm f1.8
quatary mono/tripod

Google+
Facebook
Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:54 am 
Orsans picture this month was a little bit different from the others, and it shows cold in a warm environment with beautiful lighting and composition.

All that is missing is a cup of wamt hot tea or chocolate, it would have made the picture even "colder".

Nice work, you got my vote !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:12 am 
Orsan got my vote as well for being IMHO the most original

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 pm 
IMHO, I didn't see anything this month that stood out. A fair few pictures that weren't very creative that involved taking something cold, some that were good but had nothing to do with cold whatsoever. Not surprised there were only 16 votes. I didn't enter anything this month so i suppose you could say I have no right to comment as I didn't even enter anything. If you look at my flickr you can see I've been taking shots of other things. I could have gone ahead and entered something saying 'not cold in greece' or something that just had the word cold in it in the title, but didn't think it was necessary to post something just for the sake of posting, that had nothing to do with the word cold. I ended up voting on Robodent's shot purely because while I didn't think it was awesome, I thought it had potential. If the same shot was taken with a macro lens and close up, I'm sure it would have been better. At the end of the day, these are just my thoughts. Take them with a pinch of salt.

*edit*
I'll aggree Orsan's shot was indeed original. I didn't vote for it as I thought the crop could have been tighter, and the lighting better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:14 pm 

I very nearly didn't enter. I originally wanted to experiment more literally with the cold outdoors, but the weather wasn't on my side. The cold drink was done, and my attempts to manufacture something in the freezer didn't turn out at all. My remaining idea was the one I did in the end.

It was just like being at school again. Give me 6 months to do something, I'll start it the day before the deadline.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 pm 

Yay! someone voted for me!!! I really appreciate it! I hope I get a few more to get a personal best. Again good luck to all!

I can't believe I got a vote! Hehe :D :D

50mm f1.8
quatary mono/tripod

Google+
Facebook
Flickr

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next