Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: RICOH CAMERAS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:06 pm 
No mention the RICOH products, so far so I wonder if
anyone can say anything about the R10 and GX200?
Are these rivals to the LX3 and G10?
Otto

Post subject: Ricoh R6
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 am 
I just have something about the Ricoh R6 (see below for link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 pm 

My office uses a Ricoh color printer and I'm unhappy with it. I never took their name brand serious. They need to make a pretty heavy dent in the market for me to give their cameras a look.

However, I've only been into photography for about a year now, so if they're the photographers unknown brand of choice I'd be surprised.

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 · Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 am 

If your dead set on getting one of these, Adorama has them on sale. B and H doesn't stock them anymore, and Amazon has it for 100 bucks more.

http://www.adorama.com/IRCGX200K.html

http://www.adorama.com/IRCGR2.html

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 · Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 pm 
Hey Otto,

Let me start by saying I'm no pro photographer just a normal guy using a camera for family photos and things like that. I recently purchased a gx200 after months of reading reviews. At first, I actually wanted the LX3. I've read that the canon gx10 is better than the LX3 but to me it was too big and with too many external dials. I also noticed many reviews criticized the gx200 for going from 10 to 12 megapixels, complaining about noise when enlarging the prints. The same sites did not however criticize the g10 even though it has the same sized sensor but even more pixels at 14mp's. About the LX3, I really wanted to love it; it's a cool looking camera. But every time I handled the camera, it just felt cheap. The buttons were also really small and there wasn't much to grip onto.... but then again, I have big hands. As for the gx200, it feels really solid. The rubber on the grip also makes it nice to hold. To me it takes great pictures. The thumb wheel in the front and the adjust wheel in the back are really easy to use for adjusting shutter speed and aperture. The macro mode is also really cool. Lastly, I got the gx200 at a really great price compared to other countries. I live in Japan and so the lx3 g10 and gx200 are all around $350. Anyways, camera preferences are really subjective but I'm certainly happy with the gx200.

Bill