Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:39 am 
Congrats, TheHawk....

Looking forward to some reviews and your expressions on the camera 8) ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:16 am 
chickenflavoredchips wrote:
Hi palakaboy,

Thanks for the review and especially the video clips! I enjoyed watching all of them. The image quality and the sound are really exceptional!!

Too bad you couldn't record the whole song... If you use lower ISO, would you be given more recording time?

Cheers,
Tony

PS: Do you have to use liveview to record video?

yes you have to use live view. it takes some getting used to looking through the lcd at first.

i honestly don't know if it could've saved me some time mainly because the camera was plenty warmed up for that day.

the hawk, glad i helped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 pm 
just learned that you can record movies in black and white or sepia.

frick...

so awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:37 pm 
Oh wow that would be a great feature.... :)

One of the good feature that is not present in the P&S cameras.....
At least in most of P&S camera to my knowledge... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:39 pm 
swame_sp wrote:
Oh wow that would be a great feature.... :)

One of the good feature that is not present in the P&S cameras.....
At least in most of P&S camera to my knowledge... 8)

yep. i've been playing around with this camera day in and day out and i'm learning much about it.

it's simply amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:59 pm 
I can't wait to dig into mine.
It's sitting in the box next to me staring at me.
I don't think I'll have time to touch it until the weekend. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:13 am 
CON:

not being able to set customized Filenames;

very useful when shooting in a group.

another con,

no RAW for photoshop. super lame.

gotta wait for the next update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:48 pm 
update:

for new users, please download the .nef reader plugin for the d90 nikonusa.com

http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/

this does not fix the photoshop problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 am 
Found out this weekend that Nikon D90 users need to purchase CS4 to be able to use with Camera Raw...

atleast if they want to edit .NEF files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:05 am 
palakaboy wrote:
Found out this weekend that Nikon D90 users need to purchase CS4 to be able to use with Camera Raw...

That sure is a bummer, but i m pretty sure that Adobe is going to get some sort of CR update for the CS3. I was pretty sure when you mentioned the 1st time that you cannot process RAW in CS3, i though they probably only made it available in CS4....a pretty logical marketing move, which i m just currently studying about for the exam i have tomorrow!

Note: Great video on the "street performer" playing the clarinet, i really enjoyed it! The audio quality does not seem to be THAT bad, i bet there was probably a lot of noise in the background but thanks to the speakers his sounds stood out quite a lot, how is it when it comes to movie editing? Worked into that area yet?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:54 pm 
alex168 wrote:
palakaboy wrote:

That sure is a bummer, but i m pretty sure that Adobe is going to get some sort of CR update for the CS3. I was pretty sure when you mentioned the 1st time that you cannot process RAW in CS3, i though they probably only made it available in CS4....a pretty logical marketing move, which i m just currently studying about for the exam i have tomorrow!

Note: Great video on the "street performer" playing the clarinet, i really enjoyed it! The audio quality does not seem to be THAT bad, i bet there was probably a lot of noise in the background but thanks to the speakers his sounds stood out quite a lot, how is it when it comes to movie editing? Worked into that area yet?

Cheers

not yet, i just got Adobe After Effects and I really have n idea where to start.

thanks for the compliment btw.

the audio really isn't that bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:41 pm 
I just "ordered" one today..can't wait..It was a toss up between this and the D80 and 40D (Canon), but from what I've read and seen the D90 seems a tad more "newb" friendly.

Post subject: just got one(d90)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:35 pm 
I just upgraded today to a d90. Well, going from a d40 to this is a step up. I mean the d90 is loaded with features. Just going through the menus shows that I have alot of reading to do this weekend. At first I didn't think it was that much bigger than the d40, but you notice what a beast it is when you turn it over and look at the back where the screen is located. It almost makes me miss how easy the d40 was to use, on the other hand though, the d90 feels like a cracking "bit of kit" when you hold it. There is something psychological about it. I felt this way when I first got the d40 from a point and shoot. Kind of exciting and scary at the same time. It was supposed to snow today but didn't so maybe I'll go have a "butchers" with it.

Kona08

"butchers"= brit slang to check something out or look for something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:21 pm 
Hello
Many thanks for your opinions about the D90, convinces me even more.

Will buy a D90, 18 - 105VR kit this Friday, so stand buy for some more opinions from my side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:22 pm 
Looking to get one too