Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:41 pm 

Samsung just confirmed the development of the successor to the K20D and the GX-20, although the name has not been confirmed YET.
Check it out here at http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/news/S ... 69833.html

Can't wait! :D

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:21 pm 
interesting news, yet not very revealing.. :)
somehow I was hoping for new dslr in first half of 2009.. well, then, I guess, the revealing some characteristics and features and showing prototype, in a PMA of 09' would calm me down..
i hope they will not go in the megapixel competition, but make faster fps. for me 15 megapixels, is already too much..
smaller in size.. well maybe positive.. however I extremely like the ergonomics of K10D.. hope, they'll take into consideration all things.

I just wish good luck to Pentax and Samsung union, and wait, for the further news..

yet, pentax, managed to not to say a word before the Photokina about it's new entry level model K-m.. maybe they are preparing somthing for PMA.. they have to show something during it.. I guess..

thanks for Sharing GLXLR..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:06 am 
I have the k10d, but the K20d has better ergonomics! right-under is more round on the k20d.. that feels better.. So there is already an improvement.

-More MP has no priority.
-Faster AF is needed (and less noise..well the SDM is already there)
-better noise-reduction at ISO 1600

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:10 am 

Not to mention faster continuous shooting with the same body!

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:21 am 

Wait, if they said that the GX-30 is going to be way different and Pentax has released the k2000, doesn't that mean the K300D will be mid-range, k30D as semi-pro, and k3000D as entry-level DSLR? Sweettt... :)

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 am 

Bonjour,

...and the 10 M pixels sensor went down the line, starting with the K10D, then the K200D and now the K2000 / K-m :!:

Should we expect the same logic with the 14 M pixels sensor pioneered by the K20D :?:

Personally, I keep my K10D :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:32 am 
rei_vilo wrote:
Should we expect the same logic with the 14 M pixels sensor pioneered by the K20D :?:

Gee,I hope not...would be a great idea for Samsung to update their CMOS sensor,because it doesn't perform that well in terms of noise levels compared to the competition. After this is done,Pentax will be more convincing. Also,I hope the 60-250mm is an excellent lens & the K30D should not be a compromise,like the K20D is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:16 am 

Just curious about this whole GX-30 and K30D deal, I just wanted to know what you guys want to see in the K3000, K300D, and the K30D in the third quarter of 2009?
Anything like:
K30D: 14-16Megapixel sensor, ISO 6400 or 12800, same tough build with same controls, 100% pentaprism view-finder, faster 5-6 fps or something like what Nikon did to boost shooting with battery grip, magnesium alloy, better implementation of live-view, maybe video recording but i dun really care, and what else? I want to hear your opinions on the the new K30D ( I am really excited!)
K300D: 12-14megapixel sensor, pentaprism viewfinder, ISO 6400, same build, faster 4-5fps, live-view, same 14-bit AD converter, and maybe video.
K3000D: i dun really care :D but maybe a 12MP CMOS sensor, ISO 3200, build-quality can be worse since it is aimed at different market, 4fps, live-view.

If Pentax can come up with this I think they can really be one of the leaders of photography again which means more stuff for existing Pentax users! (hope pentax is looking at this)

Also what lenses you guys might want to see in pentax. Obviously more telephoto lenses.
Again, what do you guys think?

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:01 pm 

Bonsoir,

On the top of my wishlist for the K20D, I was expecting

Quote:
Group 1: main advantages
  • resolution 14.5 vs 10 M pixels - more pixels at the expense of picture quality?
  • CMOS vs CDD - how colour nuances are catched: remember the red affair and the red affair continues?
  • expanded ISO mode - closer to HDR?

So my main expectation for the K30D is higher dynamic range.

Wait and see :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:05 am 
what i like to see are:

- faster continuous burst around 5fps
- faster AF speed
- clean iso up to 6400 expandable to 12800 or higher

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:09 pm 
In the K30D, I want to see a really good D300 rival. Such as faster FPS, good high ISO results and dedicated function buttons.

That could sway me towards Pentax, as I'm looking to upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:55 pm 

Bonjour,

Summarizing the innovations seen here and there, which ones to expect to be featured in the K30D :?:

• Geo-tagging with included or optional GPS
  • Better live-view with zoom capabilities and artificial horizon
  • Higher ISO with noise reduction parameters
  • SDXC compatibility
  • Built-in or optional WiFi connection

Wait and see :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:24 pm 
I heard that the pentax will continue their strategy/trademark as a TOUGH camera, which is water proof and other environmental hazard. They might improve the image quality and probably clean iso at 3200 or more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:13 pm 

Personally I plan to wait until Pentax/Samsung are prepared to plunge into the full frame arena, I assume that it is inevitable at some future point (I could be badly wrong, i.e what a reverse it would be for Olympus).

As much as faster af, better noise control, faster frame rate will all be welcome my K10d suits my needs at present.

However, as mentioned above, I hope that Pentax/ Samsung may enter the full frame arena - that would really get my attention as long as it is not with some daft pixel count.

Having chosen Pentax I have watched with interest at the way full frame has been approached by others.

I'm not really a Nikon fan but I have great respect for the fact that they offer a full frame 12mp option together with the 24mp option as this makes great sense, at least to me it does.

I just don't get the pixel race, partly because I just don't care that much for it and I am not usually conned by marketing hype ( I feel open to a few jibes here)

Therefore, if anyone from Pentax/Samsung is reading this and wants to make note here would be my ideal wish list.

1. Full frame 'options' in terms of pixel count not 30mp take it or leave it for example.
2. Faster frame rates, not much use to me but clearly of use to others.
3. Better high iso performance (ie lower pixel count model as no one has yet avoided the laws of physics, but maybe some have bent them a tad)
4. Faster af would also be nice.
5. Sony style live view (a copy wouldn't bother me but it might upset Sony, Sorry Sony) but why include live view if it isn't up to scratch. (I appreciate that the Sony A900 does not have live view)

Should this happen then my missus is going to be unhappy at how much I may be prepared to spend if the product is right, until then the K10d will do for me.

Having looked at many reviews I believe that image quality has not really moved on as much as other areas (af, live view, frame rate etc) with the exception of the full frame nikon 12mp models and the other full frame models to a lesser degree (from a probably never going to print above A3 point of view) and as Pentax appears to pride itself in producing 'photographic tools' wouldn't it be nice to see something come along to really produce in the image quality sector rather than listening to the marketing bod's (Fuji should note this and bring back the sensor used in the F30/f31fd for their compacts - I haven't been able to find a resonably priced 2nd hand f31fd and my old man won't part with the one I persuaded him to buy) :shock:

Anyone care to comment, perhaps shoot me down in flames etc etc (preferably in a polite way)

:D :D :D

My pic's - http://www.flickr.com/photos/10126769@N05/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm 
Here's what I'd like to see (but won't)

* faster AF
* predictive AF-C
* disable the antialiasing filter when shooting raw
* bigger, square sensor (33x33mm?)
* interchangeable sensor
* SR sensor tilt/shift for focus control
* interchangeable viewfinder (45deg, waist-level, EVF, etc)
* EV adjustable in +/-10EV in 1/6EV steps
* mirror lock-up (and down) button
* button to toggle raw file size (sometimes, all I need is 6mp)
* a few gb of internal memory, in case I lose my SD card
* absolute EV readings displayed in the viewfinder
* get rid of the ugly pop-up flash and hood
* remove the mode dial
* remove the raw button
* add in-body focus assist light
* add third wheel to control ISO in M mode
* make the GUI more responsive
* bigger, more detailed top LCD
* bigger, better, sharper, brighter viewfinder and focusing screen
* weatherproofed 30, 50 & 90mm f1.4 lenses
* sony-style on-off switch
* full resolution live-view with live histogram
* much quieter mirror and shutter (think Nikon)
* shutter rated for 300k actuations and can be replaced quickly
* get rid of the grip, make it more squarish (think Hasselblad)
* 3fps - this is fine. stop whining.
* fix the noise banding
* fix the purple tint on bottom 1/5 on high-iso shots

Haha... Maybe in 2050?