Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:33 pm 
MBrutus2009 wrote:
tim_b_w wrote:
MBrutus2009 wrote:
Hey Tim... Just for the sake of asking what does the stone represent??? I also wear something similar with my dog-tag... It is an eye... Ill have to take a photo of it... It is something my brother gave me before he got home from Iraq. I wear it everyday just like you. My dog-tag however does not say my name, it says my brothers, his unit and a few other things.

Hey, the stone represents "stone of safe travel" - i seem to do a lot of travelling around and ever since i've wore i've had good journeys. I've only ever missed it 3 times, and on those days i had the worse luck ever, last time my car suffered 700 quid damage. i've got the same rock on my keys and one on the rear view mirror. Dog tags i wear just in case i'm ever in a accident, then people can find details quickly. Thats really nice about your dog tags, i wish i had a profound reason like you to wear them, like a real reason like yours. Yeah let me know if you post an image, i'd love to see them, love dog-tags, just as a pure glimpse of someones life. How are you btw??, hope everyone is well in here. appologies for not posting the right size round first hand!!

Seeing as how I just got a new lens I will probably do some shots of it soon. When I do I'll PM you and let you know... I to have bad luck if I don't wear mine... Last time I didn't wear it my mom went to the hospital with gallstones and had to have surgery. Lets put it this way, I don't take it off for anything anymore... Not even during a soccer game or volleyball game, I just tuck it away somewhere where the ref. does not see. When my brother got home he gave it to me as a present and for some reason he only gave me something... Nothing to my other brother, nothing to my mom or dad... I don't know why either... Maybe he likes me more... :lol: hehe...

P.S. I think I know who I am voting for... But we will see if any more people post one... I can't wait for next months assignment... I have the best idea...

ahh cool, i haven't decided yet, going to have a good luck through, been very impressed with what i've seen this month tho. I'm well annoyed, as it snowed yesterday so i could have had a mamouth session out for the next months assign. but it had to come 3 days early didn't it!! You must be a role figure to your brother must see you as not only a fmaily member but a very very close friend, which is a lovely thing to have. Do you play a lot of sports then? my work means i drive many different cars all over the place, so god forbid anything did happen, they would find anything in the car which would give my identity, hence the dog tags!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:09 pm 
shallowlife wrote:
Camut, that is a very powerful picture!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:14 pm 
Hey donalone.... where is your piccie, it says "This Photo Is Currently Unavailable"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, I'm getting that too - maybe an issue at flickr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 pm 
Yes! I actualy got a vote this month!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:02 pm 
Tomis wrote:
Yes! I actualy got a vote this month!

Grats ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:46 pm 
My vote this month goes to naniani's selfportrait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm 
Cam-I-Am: you remembered me some old film filters purchased at many years ago to use on darkroom.

BjornvS: Very well done composition, light, crop (conservative as my point of view). Look feels some "Elvis or Travolta" thing (that's only personal)

supervillain: did you sleep well last night? lol
this skin tone (excelent) remembers me the old B&W film method. blue??

Mark-a: voted! (just)

naniani: where are we? softy, or hardy??
very good shot. you need to always shot in colour... make after b&w conversion (my thought)

Tomis: Astonishing!

Jim H: very good one :)

Heavywinds: how did you so polished? *-) I didn't know that it was possible!

benjamin: that sepia to skin colour like, a must.

Thomas: I would like to see the same B&W, but with a blue or a cyan filter! :)

in fact, I'm missing a self portrait... and I will be missing for some more time.
That's a type of shot to do once (personal point of view), with some exceptions...

greetings,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm 

tim_b_w wrote:
MBrutus2009 wrote:
tim_b_w wrote:
MBrutus2009 wrote:
Hey Tim... Just for the sake of asking what does the stone represent??? I also wear something similar with my dog-tag... It is an eye... Ill have to take a photo of it... It is something my brother gave me before he got home from Iraq. I wear it everyday just like you. My dog-tag however does not say my name, it says my brothers, his unit and a few other things.

Hey, the stone represents "stone of safe travel" - i seem to do a lot of travelling around and ever since i've wore i've had good journeys. I've only ever missed it 3 times, and on those days i had the worse luck ever, last time my car suffered 700 quid damage. i've got the same rock on my keys and one on the rear view mirror. Dog tags i wear just in case i'm ever in a accident, then people can find details quickly. Thats really nice about your dog tags, i wish i had a profound reason like you to wear them, like a real reason like yours. Yeah let me know if you post an image, i'd love to see them, love dog-tags, just as a pure glimpse of someones life. How are you btw??, hope everyone is well in here. appologies for not posting the right size round first hand!!

Seeing as how I just got a new lens I will probably do some shots of it soon. When I do I'll PM you and let you know... I to have bad luck if I don't wear mine... Last time I didn't wear it my mom went to the hospital with gallstones and had to have surgery. Lets put it this way, I don't take it off for anything anymore... Not even during a soccer game or volleyball game, I just tuck it away somewhere where the ref. does not see. When my brother got home he gave it to me as a present and for some reason he only gave me something... Nothing to my other brother, nothing to my mom or dad... I don't know why either... Maybe he likes me more... :lol: hehe...

P.S. I think I know who I am voting for... But we will see if any more people post one... I can't wait for next months assignment... I have the best idea...

ahh cool, i haven't decided yet, going to have a good luck through, been very impressed with what i've seen this month tho. I'm well annoyed, as it snowed yesterday so i could have had a mamouth session out for the next months assign. but it had to come 3 days early didn't it!! You must be a role figure to your brother must see you as not only a fmaily member but a very very close friend, which is a lovely thing to have. Do you play a lot of sports then? my work means i drive many different cars all over the place, so god forbid anything did happen, they would find anything in the car which would give my identity, hence the dog tags!

I do play tons of sports. I play on three teams right now and as soon as tennis starts I'll be playing on 4. I have been playing soccer sense I was just a little guy, volleyball for about 7 years and 4 of those were VERY high level, I am a part time tennis coach for young kids. I used to play baseball but I did not like it as much and need time to do the other sports. I have been to the National Jr. Olympics twice and came in 6th place the second time, I have played in big tennis tournements and managed to win one about 3 years ago. I was ranked in the top 5 soccer goalies in Palm Beach County. When I played baseball I was the youngest starter with the highest batting ave. on the team. I love playing sports. It's all I do. I do about 6 to 7 hard workouts a week. So when im on the computer is the time I rest, Haha!

Me and my brother are great friends and I too see him and more then just a family member...

I wish it snowed here in Florida. I've only seen snow when I travel up north to see some of my family. I don't however like the cold but I would like it to snow here some day...

What type of jobs do you have that make you drive all over the place?? My dad used to deliver things to big companies and stuff and he said it was crap... But maybe that was just him. That is a good idea to wear them. I would hate something to happen to anyone but I would hate even more if something happened and no one know who it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:13 am 
Quote:

:D i probably didnt, i think it was taken after i came off a 12 hour overnight shift at work! thank you, i cant get over all the intricate details that i was able to pick up..
and my eyes are green, you can see the color version on my flickr page
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/supervillain/2924520250/in/set-72157605964481686)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:39 pm 
supervillain wrote:
Quote:

and my eyes are green, you can see the color version on my flickr page

Hi supervillain... :)
When I ask you about blue, it was about the filter for the b&w skin tone effect. As I used blue, cyan and green filters on the past film era to due skin tones effect like yours. On that case, if your eyes were blue, the result it was much more lightener. And I'm still convinced that you put a lit more blue on the conversion.

Probably I ill make some further experiences on digital, even capture in colour though (maybe with manual neutral WB), on those intentionally b&w shots.
My problem right now is to select a bigger sensor (I'm started to be a little bored with noise, small DOF and diffraction issues), but I love poket! :D

my panoramio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:07 pm 
oh i gotcha. i didnt use any filters, this effect was made with a single exposure HDR, then converted to black and white. i believe i played around with the levels and clarity and all that as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:02 pm 

`Congratulations` Shallowlife on winning Octobers assignment. A very worthy winner,sue :)

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:04 am 
Congrats Shallowlife !
Looking forward to see what's theme it's gonna be for december.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 pm 
I can only 2nd what the poeple over me said! Well done!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next