Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:57 pm 

podgeorge wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but as soon as i read: self portraiture, i knew instantly to look for Bjorns avatar! :lol:

LOL! I've used the avatar for three purposes already. I took it for a thread in the off topic section, where we had to do our own version of a portrait of Hugh Laurie (hope I got the name right...), then as an avatar and I though, well, let's enter it as a selfportrait too.

Thanks for noticing!

A great thread coming up. I have a good idea already, probably not a winner, but I like it. Just have to wait a few more days till I can take the photo...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:57 pm 
You could always take it the next days - to practice and see if you get a good result ;)

Only a little under a week left. I'll see if i can dish something up before it ends :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:11 pm 
Photoj wrote:
I've popped this in the September thread, but in case it hasn't spread:

The next theme will be:

Cold

Present an image that represents this subject, be it something tangible or abstract. As we're dealing with digital photography, we'll embrace post-processing and have no limits in that area.

Good luck, and have fun.

Its a good thing i'm in the desert! NOT! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Tomis, I bet it can get chilly in your high ground at night or early morning! Just head up to Bryce! Anyway, feel for me - it's coming into Summer down here in the Southern Hemisphere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:31 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Tomis, I bet it can get chilly in your high ground at night or early morning! Just head up to Bryce! Anyway, feel for me - it's coming into Summer down here in the Southern Hemisphere!

Gordon, I had thought of that, but the theme cold was selected over other ideas I had because of the potential of extending beyond weather and the abstract alternatives that are possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:42 pm 
Cold will be a really cool theme...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:16 pm 

Khol wrote:
Cold will be a really cool theme...

:lol: LOL.

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:

Yes, thats true gordon ski resorts are only about an hour away! i forgot to factor in your position, and other's being that they are on the other side of the globe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:04 pm 
Lah,

i think that is a marvelous, compostion poste model, lightning wise photograph of your son! Works great, nice capture, if only my father would catch me in the camera like that :) i would feel very proud of him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm 
MBrutus2009 wrote:
Hey Tim... Just for the sake of asking what does the stone represent??? I also wear something similar with my dog-tag... It is an eye... Ill have to take a photo of it... It is something my brother gave me before he got home from Iraq. I wear it everyday just like you. My dog-tag however does not say my name, it says my brothers, his unit and a few other things.

Hey, the stone represents "stone of safe travel" - i seem to do a lot of travelling around and ever since i've wore i've had good journeys. I've only ever missed it 3 times, and on those days i had the worse luck ever, last time my car suffered 700 quid damage. i've got the same rock on my keys and one on the rear view mirror. Dog tags i wear just in case i'm ever in a accident, then people can find details quickly. Thats really nice about your dog tags, i wish i had a profound reason like you to wear them, like a real reason like yours. Yeah let me know if you post an image, i'd love to see them, love dog-tags, just as a pure glimpse of someones life. How are you btw??, hope everyone is well in here. appologies for not posting the right size round first hand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 am 
Camut, that is a very powerful picture!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:31 am 
alex168 wrote:
Lah,

i think that is a marvelous, compostion poste model, lightning wise photograph of your son! Works great, nice capture, if only my father would catch me in the camera like that :) i would feel very proud of him!

Why Alex, that is very very nice of you to say and a great compliment coming from you. I'm glad you like it. At 500 pixels it does lose a lot of subtlety in the gradations and the light, but this is something we all struggle with I think.

I hope will stay with Cameralabs and show your photographic talent through picturs of your own kid(s) someday! My old man got his first DSLR (a Rebel XTI) a year ago and is producing some sweet shots of his own - but alas he is on a different continent so I can't model for him much..lol.

A great high-fashion/glamour shot of yourself there Alex. Good rich colors! it reminds me of some of the religious iconographic paintings out of Eastern Europe.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:51 am 

I like Alex's shot too. Deep rich colors, great expression, interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:57 am 
Thanks lensbaby!

Lah, well i m planning if things work out the way they are supposed to, to be getting a two boys, that would just be great. In about 9 years time :) my folks had me and my brother at that age and i think its a great age, because they are not to old, or are they too young to be parents. i honestly wouldnt like to be a father of a 18 yr old kid if i would be 58 or something!

But much props to you, great shot!

If my father got a camera, it would still be a problem to get him to capture me in the frame, i dont live at home anymore plus he is a business man whom travels A LOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 pm 

tim_b_w wrote:
MBrutus2009 wrote:
Hey Tim... Just for the sake of asking what does the stone represent??? I also wear something similar with my dog-tag... It is an eye... Ill have to take a photo of it... It is something my brother gave me before he got home from Iraq. I wear it everyday just like you. My dog-tag however does not say my name, it says my brothers, his unit and a few other things.

Hey, the stone represents "stone of safe travel" - i seem to do a lot of travelling around and ever since i've wore i've had good journeys. I've only ever missed it 3 times, and on those days i had the worse luck ever, last time my car suffered 700 quid damage. i've got the same rock on my keys and one on the rear view mirror. Dog tags i wear just in case i'm ever in a accident, then people can find details quickly. Thats really nice about your dog tags, i wish i had a profound reason like you to wear them, like a real reason like yours. Yeah let me know if you post an image, i'd love to see them, love dog-tags, just as a pure glimpse of someones life. How are you btw??, hope everyone is well in here. appologies for not posting the right size round first hand!!

Seeing as how I just got a new lens I will probably do some shots of it soon. When I do I'll PM you and let you know... I to have bad luck if I don't wear mine... Last time I didn't wear it my mom went to the hospital with gallstones and had to have surgery. Lets put it this way, I don't take it off for anything anymore... Not even during a soccer game or volleyball game, I just tuck it away somewhere where the ref. does not see. When my brother got home he gave it to me as a present and for some reason he only gave me something... Nothing to my other brother, nothing to my mom or dad... I don't know why either... Maybe he likes me more... :lol: hehe...

P.S. I think I know who I am voting for... But we will see if any more people post one... I can't wait for next months assignment... I have the best idea...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next