Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:12 pm 
http://photoclubalpha.com/2007/07/05/ne ... -imminent/

This link has interesting, although not official information...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:47 pm 
I like the last paragraph :) Hope they will give a pressrelease soon, can't wait to see if Sony will give any competition or if it's better to look at other brands at next upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:00 pm 

Quote:
That camera is still two years in the future

Well, do they mean the A200?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:37 pm 
To the view with those characteristics could compete with Nikon D2X, being classified by Sony for fan and considering that D2X is a Pro...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:12 pm 
I have also seen another alpha that is supposed to be like a higher end model with no preset modes only PASM secondary screen(very small) and 14 MP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:56 am 
Hello, my English excuses...

already relamente me not you that to think as for new Alpha in view of so much information and rumors that are run for to net.

I bet that new Alpha would have a sensor CMOS 12MPx and a crop factor of 1.5X, but now it is spoken of a CMOS of 14MPx and 1,25X of crop factor with option of adjusting at 1,5X diminishing the effective pixel for the use of the lenses DT.

Already really not you that to think... it will be to wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 pm 
Apparently there is a lot of talk on a certain other photography site about the new Sony Alpha. A working prototype of the high end amateur model was seen in a Korean Nikon press conference. I am not going to link to the thread as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. I'm sure you all will have seen it already.

What I will do is link to the two fuzzy snapshots that are causing so much interest.

http://bayimg.com/OAgbaAaBf
http://bayimg.com/OAGBBAAbF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:59 pm 
Let's see if we have something next week... it must be close now that Canon and Nikon has released something.

Personally I hope for fullframe and some cheaper prime lenses (CZ's ZA lenses are way to expensive for a non-pro IMHO) but I think the chances are "slim to non" for my whishes to come true.

What do you want to see in the press release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:20 am 
Hello to all...

I like the idea of the 12MPx and a CMOS with crop factor of 1,5X, I don't believe that I end up acquiring a camera for the time being FF.

I would like to also see the new eyeglasses, especially 24-70 f/2.8 and 16-35 f/2.8 and one that lately has called me the attention. In Photoclub Alpha is said that an possibly arrives AF 35mm f/1.8, to make it accessible to the publish general non professional (for the one which this the pattern f/1.4 G) and that it can possibly have a cost of around Sony AF 50mm f/1.4, I hope this is certain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 am 
Being only just new to the SLR market, I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon. What I do think though is that Sony really needs something special to compete with Canon and Nikon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:58 pm 
I don't think they will be able to compete with any of these big companies but they might make some interesting products for us in the future. My main concern right now is the price level of their lenses, I can get much cheaper lenses (particularly primes :)) with the Canon system so the 35/1.8 as alexramos mentioned is most welcome and a 50/1.7, 85/1.8, 100/2 or 135/2.8 would make me happy 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:39 am 
i think after the last announcment from panasonic i think sony will announce the new alpha soon ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm 
I'm guessing next week 8)
http://photoclubalpha.com/2007/08/27/sony-expected-to-unveil-a300-on-september-4th/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:29 pm 
Apparently Sony made a small slip-up and the "A700" appeared briefly on some websites before being taken down again. Seems interesting.

Post subject: More on the A700
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:48 pm 

Dean Smith wrote:
Apparently Sony made a small slip-up and the "A700" appeared briefly on some websites before being taken down again. Seems interesting.

This from Northlight Images:

The specs were also briefly available (from various sightings)
  • 12.24 megapixels @1.5 crop
  • 100-3200 +6400
  • 5 frames per second
  • 11 focus points
  • 3 inch rear LCD with 922,000 px
  • HDMI
  • Dedicated slots for Compact Flash & Memory Stick DUO
  • No live view
  • No mention of 12 or 14 bit A/D conversion
  • Claimed "4 stops" in body stabilization
  • Magnesium body with magnesium grip(!)
  • Selectable burst with 5 or 3fps with unlimited JPEG -fine/standard (depends on card)
  • From 17 to 24 RAW in burst
  • 100 000 shutter cycles
  • 690g weight without batteries,
  • 650 shot battery life according to CIPA standards
  • Dust removal when turning off
  • Connectors weather and dust proof
  • There’s a choice of 2 interchangeable focus screens for architectural (L Type) composition and manual focusing (M type). Focus screen replacement is only possible through authorized Sony service and depending local availability.
There were also 3 lenses listed
  • DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6 (as already leaked)
  • DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 (obviously a Tamron re-badge)
  • DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6 (looks like a re-badge too. Same specs as the Tamron: 13 elements in 9 groups)
More links to browse are Pocket-lint and MacNN

Nice camera. Enjoy.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.