Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: F10 vs Sony N1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:36 am 
I have owned the F10 since May and have purchased and returned 15 digital cameras this year, trying them out. I won't spend big bucks on a disappointing camera and therefore know where to buy with a full refund policy.

The F10 rocks in low light shooting situations. However, the Sony and Canon cameras (H1, P150, P200 and A610, SD400, S1 21 and others) take better outdoor pictures.

I appreciate the review, especially one that compares cameras. Thanks for the new site.

The two cameras I own are the F10 and Sony H1. Research makes a difference as both cameras are rated quite high across many, many review sites.

I would prefer a compact camera that fits the pocket better than the F10, one that is slimmer.

Anybody out there that has compared the Sony N1 to the F10?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:28 pm 
Hi.

Was the Casio EX-750 amongst those you tried? My daughter has one as a carry everywhere camera. If you upload the latest firmware, it's supposed to fix the problems of oversharpening and over saturation at default settings. I have not fully tested it myself, but may be worth considering as a very slim & easily pocketed model.

Simon

Post subject: Sony N1 vs. Fuji F10
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:44 am 
I tried one Casio model and was unimpressed with the photo quality. A friend has purchased the model you are asking about and is quite pleased with it.

However, there are posts all over in many forums that report problems with Casio cameras along with a difficult time getting them fixed from Casio.

Because of that, at least for now, Casio isn't on my list. I really like the Sony digital cameras for the sharp pictures and powerful flash. Nothing is worse than a camera with a weak flash.

That is what started me on my search for the 'holy grail' (perfect digital, pocketable camera). I had a Pentax 550 which took great pictures when there was plenty of light but had dismal low light performance.