Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 am 
Hi Devious,

Ubisoft has Far Cry as a download for 9.95$ - pretty good deal actually, when you consider how good the game was.

Just finished Warhead...the Crysis sequel..not bad at all either!

Cheers ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:40 am 
$9.95 isn't as good as free though. :wink:

What are you running Warhead on. What res, settings and on what gfx card?
I'm thinking of getting it since my 8800GTX played the original Crysis with everything max (except AA and DX10).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:09 am 
I will just say that I've had lots of fun with all the unreal tournament games and the timeless (in my mind) C&C Red Alert 2 :D
(Note though that I don't play online)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:26 pm 
I really like you all sharing the details..... :)

I would also not opt for online games as sometimes internet sucks here.... i'm looking for the games that can be played by the self user.

thank you for letting me know them..... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:25 pm 
Well if you're only after single player games then take a look at Oblivion, The Orange Box, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky And X3 Reunion. Only buy X3 though Steam, it won't contain spyware/Starforce.
If you're laptop can't play these, you could try Morrowind, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadows of Chernobyl and X2: The Threat.
Each of those games will give you a minimum play time of 15 hours each. I've played Oblivion three time and haven't finished it yet, I think I've racked up about 150 hours play time in total on it. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:25 am 

wow pc games-
>Crysis
>Crysis warhead (and crysis wars (online))
>Red alert2 (RED ALERT 3 when it is released :D cant wait :) )
>Battlefield 2& 2142
>COD4
>C&C

man, i play all on a simple general pc setup, normal mouse and keyboard, windows vista (no probs!)
having said that, the rig i use is great! (gaming rigs double well as photoprocessor rigs as well- RAM etc) :P :P
love my pc :oops:

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27747651@N04/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:01 pm 
Devious wrote:
$9.95 isn't as good as free though. :wink:

What are you running Warhead on. What res, settings and on what gfx card?
I'm thinking of getting it since my 8800GTX played the original Crysis with everything max (except AA and DX10).

Hi Devious,

the system requirements for Warhead are very moderate and lower by far than Crysis. They have really tweaked their Crytek engine.

I play @ 1900X1200 on my 24" Samsung with everything maxxed, except the post-processing such as AA and such. I can live with a very very rare case "stairs" on a diagonal line..lol.

To drive it I have my old AMD64 X2 4800 "Toledo" core, 2GB and my trusty BFG 7900GTX (512Mb) card. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, but it works great for photography and the games that are not pushing the frontline of graphical performance.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:24 pm 
1900x1200 with settings maxxed running on an 7900GTX? Nice! Might pick it up then.
I run an Intel Q6600, 2GB ram and an 8800GTX on an Acer 22" @ 1680x1050 so I hope I can run it maxxed with atleast 2x AA.