Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:34 pm 
Yeah having the sub sections would make a lot easier, but the problme as you stated is it possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:55 pm 
I just thought id ask if anyone had the non VR 70-300mm Nikkor??? This lens is going for around 70 pounds which is really a steal, when the VR version is going for 300 on the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:43 pm 

Looking through the nice collection of threads so far, I've straightened out the thread-titles a bit (apart from the Canon ones) by keeping strictly to one rule:
Name of manufacturer first
Focal length of the lens second
Aperture third
and only then the plethora of other abbreviations and designations.

I find it easier to get an overview or find a specific lens, if the ordering of the three most important information-bits is always the same.

What do you think?
Can we also put the "EF" or "EF-S" of the Canon lenses after "Name, Length, Aperture"?

Last edited by Thomas on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 pm 

Thomas wrote:
...Can we also put the "EF" or "EF-S" of the Canon lenses after "Name, Length, Aperture"?

The current lens names are in the same format as they are in the CameraLabs Canon Lens Listing and this format is followed by both Canon and most online retailers so I suggest they are OK as they are. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: Uploading photos
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 pm 
I want to upload some photos, but am having difficulty. When I reply to post and type in my message, then what? I am using Mac OS X Leopard if that matters. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:56 am 

Just read this first. The key is: Images cannot be hosted at Camera Labs, so you have to upload them to an image hosting service of your choice (e.g. flickr).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:06 am 
hi ivw just koined CAMLABS. the lens guide is very helpfull.

i bought nikon d5000 slr camera. i got kit lens with 18-55mm. my aim is to become good photgrapher, like taking photos of weddings and stuff like that, can anyone tell what kind of lens i need to take good photos.

icant afford to buy nion lenses, cos very expensive. are sigma or tamron lenses good like niokn lenses? do i need close up lens. or what is macrolens mean
thx