Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:17 am 

that is the spirit, palakaboy..."oh crap"...I will change it back...
ya did good, leave it alone...

Roy. Where is your cardi.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 am 
patti wrote:
that is the spirit, palakaboy..."oh crap"...I will change it back...
ya did good, leave it alone...

Roy. Where is your cardi.

patti

Not cold enough here yet, its in the wardrobe ready for when it is. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:33 am 

whew.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:42 am 
Hey Stig... bit risky going into a train tunnel.... but nice to see that they named the area after me...... :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Train Tunnel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:08 am 
Defiance wrote:
Hey Stig... bit risky going into a train tunnel.... but nice to see that they named the area after me...... :lol: :lol:

Haha, yeah, well it's a pretty stunning place. It's a peninsula around Tacoma, WA (google earth it, it's cool) where this train tunnel runs underground for about a mile, cutting through the peninsula.

Some of my best friends and I go there all the time just to chill out atop the tunnel to star gaze or take awesome pics until a train goes by... dang those suckers are loud.

Oh, and one of those buddies of mine just BOUGHT a train horn to mount in his Toyota pickup. He's crazy!! But it's awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:00 am 
Brilliant shot Stig colours and texture is fantastic. Reckon you may have a winner there. I also like Adams shot of the jetty. Very soothing to look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:49 pm 
Fairground wrote:
Brilliant shot Stig colours and texture is fantastic. Reckon you may have a winner there. I also like Adams shot of the jetty. Very soothing to look at.

thanks mate, appreciate it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:36 pm 
Compared to the recent monthly assignments, this one doesn't seem to be that popular - we've half the number of entries. Maybe there'll be a late surge...

EDIT: I couldn't be bothered to specifically shoot for the theme, so I dug out an image from the week before and I've slapped that into the entries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 pm 
Photoj wrote:
Compared to the recent monthly assignments, this one doesn't seem to be that popular - we've half the number of entries. Maybe there'll be a late surge...

I don't think it is anything to do with being unpopular, just a bit difficult if like me you don't live in an urban area. I did submit an entry but it "ain't" very urban and I had to travel 5 miles to get that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:31 pm 

Like millfarm's brightly colored houses by the water with all the boats. Have never seen anything like it. Like bebrady's memorial photo, gives the impression of tall buildings, always look forward to Jonathan ksson. Like duker 21, and chicken flavored chips, Scream...that's a beautiful submission, and then comes Photoj in just under the wire with that fantastic image. All of this month impressed me, because I'm the opposite of urban. You all are going to force me to put thought and technique into my submissions. Stig...very nice. There were many more that caught my eye as well, but these were the ones I remembered when posting.

Post subject: STIGGY! WAKEY WAKEY!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:31 am 
Photoj wrote:

EDIT: I couldn't be bothered to specifically shoot for the theme, so I dug out an image from the week before and I've slapped that into the entries.

Photoj, of COURSE you come in at the last moment with a stunner! How standard! 8) Great work!! waltermelon_ken, I really dig the colors in your picture, nice!

I think "urbanism" is a tough topic (more than, for example, "trees"). It's kind of tough being creative without just taking a picture downtown on a busy street. It was kind of fun though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:44 am 

Just came from Player One's website. Like the lights in his Sept. submission. His website is a virtual tour of many places I may never have the opportunity to see. In the first group, the mountains in the mist are awesome, the woman on the bridge in China, ..check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:11 pm 
A link perhaps? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 pm 
PlayerOne's sodium vapor lit Shanghai is interesting. Are the people calmly watching Oz or preparing to interact by dashing across the thoroughfare?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:34 pm 

Just go to his September on assignment submission of Shanghai, at the bottom should be 3 boxes. 1. profile, 2.pm 3. www; click on the www box and it will take you there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next