Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:56 pm 
Hi,

I am planning to buy a camera soon. I am upgrading from Sony DSC 100 to DSLR. I wanted to check the reviews on Samsung DSLR GX10 and on digital compact NV 20 series. For some reasons there are no reviews on this site at all. This site is awesome and great but could anyone please tell me why no samsung reviews????

Please check out this review for GX10 at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... B000LVFW24

Check Chubby Rain "Chubbs" review on that page. This camera has won so many awards and also it comes with 2 lenses and has £100 cash back on samsung website valid till end of this month. It looks like value for money to me.

So please go through the review and also tell me why this camera is not included on this site? Isn't is good enough?

Coming to compact camera from Samsung. NV20 looks great.. please see http://www.samsungcamera.co.uk/uk/produ ... cat_uid=75

I have seen this camera and it looks amazing. So stalwarts/ pros please give me suggestions on the GX10 and NV20. How is GX10 compared to other DSLR in its range? Also how are the lenses that come with GLX10?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
HARRY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:18 pm 
GX-10 is a rebadged pentax K10D with a few changes. Only Adobe RAW, different battery grip, modified menus, and slightly different design. Use the K10D review since it pretty much applies to the GX-10 in image quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:18 pm 
Also the new Pentax K10D SUPER....is available!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:28 pm 
Wonda Boy wrote:
Also the new Pentax K10D SUPER....is available!!!

That should be K100D Super, which is a modest upgrade to the K100D.

Darrin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Harry, yep, the Samsung DSLR is essentially a rebadged Pentax K10D, so since we already have a review of the Pentax model, we didn't think it was worth doing another on the Samsung.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:21 am 
Thank you so much for the replies and letting me know the reason. I will go through the K10D review.

But after the cashback offer from Samsung and with 2 lenses (18-55mm + 50-200mm Lens Kit) it will work out like £500 for me. Do you all think it is worth spending this amount or I can get a better one in the same category? Please suggest? Also any views on NV20 will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry