Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: In-camera stabilisation
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 pm 
"In-camera has the advantage of being able to be used with any lens, and the disadvantage of not being specific to any lens and so being a general solution that can't provide specific lens-tuned results (or as wide a range as lens-based)."

Can anybody explain me the disadvantage? :) I...didn't quite understood what this fellow said on a forum...

Later edit: IS could work better with some lenses & to be less effective with others? Because I just remembered...when I tested the K10D with the kit lens I also tested it with an older FA 28-90mm lens...& lets just say the IS didn't performed that good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:29 pm 
I think the "major" difference is nothing more than just being able to see the Anti-Shake active.

When it's built-in to a DSLR, you can't see the effect of the IS through the viewfinder. But when you have IS/VR on a lens and it is active, then you see the shake-reduction take place.

I haven't done any in-depth test's to see which works better than the other though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:04 pm 
So anybody else think this could be true : IS could work better with some lenses & to be less effective with others?
At least,that's what I understood from that fellow's text.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:38 pm 
you might find this article useful:

http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/4615/image-stabilization-special-stop-the-shake-lab-report-page2.html

from my understanding, and i could be wrong, one of the advantages of lens based IS is that in theory, it can be optimized for that particular lens (focal range). body based IS is more like a one-size fits all, unless the body can adjust the IS if it can identify the lens attached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:20 pm 

Bonjour,

As always, there's a learning curve with the K10D shake reduction.

Please find my own experience :arrow: here :!: