Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How big Cf for a S9600
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:49 pm 
Hi,

how big CF.cards does the S9600 take? Can I use 8GB or even 16GB in it?
Does it take advantage of faster CF-cards like the Extreme 3 from Sandisk?

ciao,

Karhallarn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:30 pm 
It can take bigger than 4GB. It can probably take any size you can throw at it as long as it adheres to the CF specifications. How fast a CF is useful depends on the throughput capacity of the camera's CF interface. Any card that can keep up with that is fast enough. Anything faster is a waste of money unless the price difference is insignificant of course.

Unfortunately camera manufacturers don't seem to understand that this little piece of information is an important specification that the customer would like to know. Imagine how much time and effort and money could be saved by the many MANY people looking for the same answer to that question if they only shared that little piece of information with us. But it is one of the many things camera manufacturers (and they are not the only ones) do not seem to get.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:11 pm 
Thanks for the information! As the Fuji feels fast and responsive with my hama card, I thing I will go for size rather than super fast speed!

Any Experience with Transcend? I can get a 8GB CF from Transcend for about 20€! Nice Price?

ciao,

Karhallarn[/i]