Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm 
I was recently contacted and a magazine editor wanted to buy royalty for using the photo in its magazine. It plans to print 60k of that issue of the magazine with my photo in it. How much do i charge them?

Is there like online calculator where it would help me come up with an estimate :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm 
Pretty subjective I would think, it will depend on so many factors not least what the company is willing to pay (you can ask for as much as you like but unless they are willing to pay that price it's meaningless), it would also depend an awful lot on how unique your image is.

Do they just want rights to use it in this one issue of the magazine or are they asking for complete and exclusive rights (i.e you signing over the image to them)?

If it's just one print run I would think that the image would not be worth a huge amount personally, with so many micro / stock sites out there where images can be purchased for next to nothing you would have to have a shot they REALLY want to make any decent money.

Hopefully someone with more experience in this field will be along and be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:32 pm 
They want to buy the use of using the photo once