Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 pm 

I guess we all have that choice to make. It comes down to how far you want to go for the shot you want. Personally, I'm just going to have to learn how to fill this assignment with the area I live. I'm sure 'the shot' is out there if I look hard enough.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:05 pm 
Oh ok thanks for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 pm 

MBrutus2009 wrote:
I have a bit of a problem. I live in a city, but I have no tall buildings or anything like that. This may not be a big problem but I don't like many city photos without tall buildings. I want the best if you know what I mean. Any suggestions for this? I don't have the gas money to go and drive to the big city about an hour away. What to do??? Ahh!!! Haha. Well I was thinking of doing some like the post I did a while back with the cars going by on Lake Worth Rd. I am puzzeled. >_<
Urbanism is not about tall buildings it about the impact the built up life does to a concentrated area through time, it can be about the going on's within that impact, life, social living, constructure, political involvement, economics, cultural impact, geographic structure, life...not just buildings
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:42 am 
So, I dont know. I put up a picture. Do you all think that it qualify's for the subject?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:28 pm 
Caldwell wrote:
So, I dont know. I put up a picture. Do you all think that it qualify's for the subject?

Yes, certainly. :)

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:52 pm 

I understand where your comming from Orsan Kart however, when you think of cities, do you think like me with buildings and alot of people and cars? Or, are you thinking about all the little things? I just don't see very many good photos of cities without tall buildings and cars and whatnot. You know what I mean?

I have an idea on what I am going to do so I think I will be posting here in a few days I'm sure.

Thank you for the advise! Happy posting to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:03 pm 
Markh wrote:
Caldwell wrote:

Yes, certainly. :)

Mark

thanks =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:49 pm 

MBrutus2009 wrote:
I understand where your comming from Orsan Kart however, when you think of cities, do you think like me with buildings and alot of people and cars? Or, are you thinking about all the little things? I just don't see very many good photos of cities without tall buildings and cars and whatnot. You know what I mean?

I have an idea on what I am going to do so I think I will be posting here in a few days I'm sure.

Thank you for the advise! Happy posting to all!

When i think of cities, i think of life within its boundary. I think of its impact on that piece of land, air, volume it consumes. I possibly see it as a cube and the city or buildings is only the bottom panel of that cube there's a lot more happening within that box that we need to find.

Seeing a homeless man sleeping on a bench, that is an impact cause of urbanism.

Its going to be a hard one to judge as people will just think of buildings and judge on the best looking building, not good, there is loads going on out there.life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:52 pm 

I understand where your comming from! I was thinking a bit more today while I was in my photography class at school and came up with something I might be able to do. The only problem is I don't know if I will be able to! Haha! Oh well I will try some more stuff tommarow.

Thanks for clarifying urbanism!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm 

No Probs, good luck :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:35 pm 

I have really admired the thought that has gone into this thread...meaning that I, too, felt buildings defined urbanism, perhaps they are the link that our mind needs, when we think that word. Upon closer observation, I see quite a few possibilities, that do NOT include buildings..I don't profess to know these things, but thinking in a "different direction" is something I love. Broken down, as Orsan says...to it's smallest particle, urbanism is so much more than buildings..it IS a mind set, and confinement is at it's core. Urbanism IS a homeless person, or a packed train station, or airport..ribbons of cement sidewalks, trees confined in planters..so many more things then buildings.. I am going to look harder at this Assignment. Thank you O.K. for a thought provoking, diverse subject.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 pm 

I keep saying I will do this challenge, but I just can't find what I'm looking for!!! AHH!!! Why can't I just find what I am looking for? But hey, thats photography for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:25 pm 

just an idea? why doesn't the winner of an the assignment topic become the judge of his/her subject, that way pictures are not chosen for being pretty but for the topic.

I would gladly not enter and be the judge on my subject??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:34 am 
Orsan Kart wrote:
just an idea? why doesn't the winner of an the assignment topic become the judge of his/her subject, that way pictures are not chosen for being pretty but for the topic.

Excellent idea! It would be also interesting at the end of it if you provided an in-depth post as to why you chose the winning image because you may even end up choosing an image that represents urbanism in a way that you have yet to visualize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:59 am 

Would this fit into the category? I know its not really "urbanism" but the surrounding that I didn't get in the picture are.... PLEASE SAY YES I really like this one!!! HAHA!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next