Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Hello everyone, this is the thread for comments and questions on September 2008's Assignment.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:52 am 
Yes! Finally a theme Singapore might actually be good for :)

I hope I get something I like so I can participate in this month's assignment (didnt in last month's).

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:08 am 
What, you have no trees in Singapore? :P

Just nip over the causeway you'll find more trees than you can .. err .. shake a stick at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:38 am 
My original intention was to have a tree in the middle of barren wasteland but its wasteland that we don't have here :P Anything else would probably be too common or not to my liking.

(If you reply immediately it'll be your hundredth post :))

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:33 pm 
Question, I have a photo taken on the 31st of August. Can I submit it for September's on assignment?

Pretty please with cherry on top?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:35 pm 
Would this be your Canary Wharf photo? I'm sure you could do better with a whole month of photography to try out ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:55 pm 
It is, but that would mean taking another trip to the city.

But, like you said I could do better in a month so keep the criticisms coming :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Hi pgtips, thanks for your honesty - I'm afraid rules are rules though and the photo has to be taken during the month of September 2008 to qualify.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:23 am 
hey is pp allowed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:12 am 

Tomis wrote:
hey is pp allowed?

... yup, pretty much anything is allowed. i guess therefore even photo collages are permitted...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:08 pm 
Now this is one theme that Istanbul would fit right into, alas, I'll be continuing my studies elsewhere. Here are some shots I've taken (much) earlier that would probably make it. These are liberally edited stuff, and I kinda like the dreary effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:45 am 
Hey guys I have a question. If lets say I am out and have taken a bunch of pictures. How do I remember the shutter speed, focal length ,iso.ects? Is there a place in the menus thats tells you all of this information?
Or do I just have to do my best to remember all the details to enter?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but thanks for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:58 am 
ur camera saves all that info to the photo, so when you upload it to your comp, all that is availible through whatever program you use to view it or just right click for properties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 am 
Yes Twcman306, you don´t have to remember all those data!
As Smiles77 already said, all data about shutterspeed, aperture, etc. ect. is stored as metadata (EXIF-data) in the picture. Most of this data can already read out by simple photoviewers. But for more data you need a so called EXIF-viewer. Such software are Opanda or PhotoMe.
They can distract a wealth of info from your picture!

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

ngc94227

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 pm 

I have a bit of a problem. I live in a city, but I have no tall buildings or anything like that. This may not be a big problem but I don't like many city photos without tall buildings. I want the best if you know what I mean. Any suggestions for this? I don't have the gas money to go and drive to the big city about an hour away. What to do??? Ahh!!! Haha. Well I was thinking of doing some like the post I did a while back with the cars going by on Lake Worth Rd. I am puzzeled. >_<