Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Full retail or Academic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:42 pm 
I have a question about adobe software. What is the difference if any between full retail and academic besides the price. I have a chance to pick up CS 3 extended with Total Training's Adobe Photoshop CS3 Essentials DVD and OnOne Software's Genuine Fractals 5 for 394.95 USD. This is a good deal, but is the software is limited in any way? If it is would I be better off saving for a little longer and buying the retail version.
Thanks for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm 
im like 95% sure that they are exactly the same, adobe supports schools by offering lower prices to colleges, high schools, and students. The lab at my school actually only had to buy 1 copy that was liscenced for like 50 computers, more than we actually had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:43 pm 
academic can not be used for proffit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:14 pm 
just take the pix wrote:
This is a good deal, but is the software is limited in any way? If it is would I be better off saving for a little longer and buying the retail version.

No it's not limited in any way! The only thing I'm not sure is if you are allowed to resell it later or not.

I got a copy of CS3 Design Premium for about 250€. There's no CD-Key in the software and I had to send Adobe France my student credentials to get it.

So, save the money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:28 pm 
Software companies are like drug dealers. They get you hooked young and for a low price. Once you leave university, they know that you'll be hooked and will end up paying full price :)

Not that I mind, since I'd rather pay and use good software than get some crap for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:02 pm 

I personally wouldn't give adobe a penny 8)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:29 am 
I got photohsop cs3 academic, it's the full version, for only 300 dollars. It's a good deal.