Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 am 
Some of the best HDR I have seen they don't have that over processed look that a lot of HDR images have. Keep up the good work can't wait to see more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:44 am 

Syncharmony wrote:
Haha, whoa, I didn't realise there was a demand for it. This week I'll get cracking on making a tutorial.

yehey...btw cool cars...

Canon 40D 17-85mm IS USM + 55-250mm IS + 50mm 1.8 + 580EX II Speedlite + Canon S5 IS + Lowepro 100AW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:11 pm 
I feel like I'm tech previews for a game console of the future! The effect is has on the reflection is beautiful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:29 am 
Here's one from last week. This one came out quite well, I'm happy with the result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:46 am 
Wow you got some very cool great pics there..

I was trying to do some HDR of my own.. but I dint get it as smooth as yours.. My HDR pics are all pixelated.

Can you throw some light on how exactly I should process my RAW files on Photomatix especially the adjustments section....

thanks for your help.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 pm 
I like all the shots, but the killer on the last one you posted on 11/24/08 is the reflection showing you and the tripod. It's distracting and easily distinguished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 am 

I love the Mustangs...I need to get a classic Mustang someday. Great shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:33 am 
I have never used Photomatix, but is that an intentional watermark or a trial-version watermark on phani_astronomy's pic? That pic got potential, it needs to be rotated. All the rooftops are leaning left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:15 pm 
Hi RHDxSPAWNx, I was using a trial version of Photomatix and nice catch there.. yes the pic needs to be rotated....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:50 am 
Lets play a little game...can you spot how many "Photomatix" watermarks are on that picture? lol. Btw, I like the picture. I like how the trees are mixed in with the rooftops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:22 am 
if am not wrong then there are 3 Photomatix watermarks on the pic. Yes the trees are very close to the building. Infact they are so close almost most of the tree part is touching the building.. (This is the view from my Balcony towards east) and most of my photography experiments are done from here.

Here is another pic (its me in the pic) taken near Srisailam Dam located in A.P, India. I placed my 400D on the side wall and used a IR remote to capture this pic. Later used Photomatix for HDR!

f/13
1/30
focal length: 18mm
Raw
Iso: 100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:26 am 
some amazing work there :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:28 am 
thanks "simple"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:52 pm 
I like that shot. I like the dam off in the distance. Its a good composition.

But there are a couple things that stand out to me. It looks as though you increased the brightness or exposure over yourself with a brush, which was kinda sloppy. The stairs behind you got painted over too. But if not, thats some serious haloing. And it looks like the hills in the background has it too. I could be wrong though. It could've just been brighter in that area on the stairs and water.

BTW: I'm sorry if I pick at things too much. They are great shots, I'm just looking for ways to help improve them. Don't get discouraged because of anything I say. I figured I'd tell you, cuz its hard to tell how people react to criticism in a forum.

I wish I could go to India to take pics. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:00 am 
RHDxSPAWNx, Thanks so much on picking up on what has gone wrong and how I could have improved on the pic. Criticism is always fine with me in a positive way for an improvement! U did the right thing :)

However, I would like to inform you that I have only used Photomatix on this photo. The brush thing and brightness and contrast were not done manually in any software...

So is it possible for you to tell me how I can modify this photo again? I have CS3 but I dont have a clue on how to work on it.. am still in the beginning stage...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next