Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anniversary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:25 pm 
Congratulations on the Anniversary of this site

Ive watched most of the video tours on here and really like them.
Are you going to make video tours for the cameras you have written reviews on but that don't have a video tour yet? It would be much appreciated :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mark, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

We may do some video features or workshops using older products, but the reviews will probably be for new cameras only. I'm not ruling out anything though if there's demand! Is there anything you'd like to see in particular?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:10 pm 
Quote:
Hi Mark, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Thank you, i do feel welcome,

Quote:
Is there anything you'd like to see in particular?

well i would love to see a video tour of the Nikon D80. Just by itself like you did with the Canon 400D. If thats possible and if other people want it that is.

Last edited by markkthemk on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:54 pm 
Hi Gordon.
Congrat with the 1 year anniversary.

You do a great job.

K.S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:37 pm 

Gordon congratulations on your first anniversary! This is a wonderful site and I really appreciate your reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks everyone! We appreciate your support!

Gordon

Post subject: Anniversary
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:07 am 
Congrats on the anniversary Gordon.

I really enjoyed the Canon 17-40 review just before Christmas. Probably my favourite lens, especially now that Santa brought me a 400D for Christmas!!

I was interested to read the article on storage options and in that vein, perhaps you can help me out with some suggestions. I am planning a 3 week trip to Western Canada and Alaska in a few months and am keen to look at a portable storage device that I can slot CF and SD cards into. I have no desire to lug my laptop, but want to be able to back photos up as I go!! Would also be great to look at them at the end of the day as well.

I see Epson have released the 3000/5000 but they seem to be getting negative reviews, especially transfer speeds.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks and a happy new year from Suva.

Bernard

PS one feature of the 400D that seems to have slipped under the radar is that the Basic Style modes actually adopt the applicable Picture Style where appropriate. Makes using them for casual snapping much more of an option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Bernard, Im glad Santa brought you a 400D!

In terms of portable storage, I prefer to use a small laptop, as I know there will be no compatibility concerns, and theres also plenty of options for viewing and retouching, along with other facilities like email, office and web applications. Every time I try anything else, I tend to find lack of functionality or compatibility lets me down.

If Im travelling light, I carry a 2.5in portable hard disk, but only as backup of existing images - although I have also gone into various PC stores or web cafes and used their PCs and card readers to backup my latest images. Many will also now burn you a CD at little cost, which is a great backup option, especially if you then post the CDs back home while youre travelling. This can be very reassuring for long trips through areas where theft is high.

Ill be writing additional backup articles in the near future, but if anyone has any tips on how they protect their images on the move, or any experience with viewing / backup devices, please let us know!

Gordon