Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FOOD !!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:27 pm 

I heard in the bags and cases topic that we should, do a topic on food, well here you are, share all the cool foods that you photograhers have enjoyed, you know even photographers have to eat sooner or later! :wink: As a matter of fact if you have pictures post them! I want to know what people in the UK can eat unlike me I live in North America

Support Cameralabs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:02 am 

Well, Chippies are a Scotsman's best friend! Nothing like good fish and chips! I always wondered if America had chip shops, or a comparison to them. I eat a very select platter from the Chineese; chips, beef/chicken curry, no onions, and egg fried rice - I'm pretty perticular about such a small selection of food aren't I lol! I eat a great deal of red meat, T-Bone steak, sirloin steak, steak mince, unsmoked back beacon, square slice sausage, link sausage, roast beef, oh and I also like chicken, turkey and duck ... (I have a picture of a duck that I took in my signature ... lol!). Can't beat Heinz beaked beans, and the tinned spaghetti, great :P Potatoes, mashed, chipped or whole, or waffles, cod or haddock are great :P

I also like McDonald's, Burger King and KFC, but heh, I'm not all for healthy eating anyway :P

Well thats about the extent of my diet lol - looking at it, not healthy at all, but I'm sure I've just missed out the healthy bits because they aren't my favorites :lol:

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:16 am 

Hey DD_nVidia,

Here in America, where I live there is only one british pub which has great food and it's cool because they brought a real double-decker bus from New England, anyway... here the "chips" are known as french fries and the food is either real healthy or real unhealty, the meat here is very good and there's a lot of canned foods but one thing is the best here in Florida - Oranges the fruits here are excellent, they taste superb. I could almost live on fruits here.

Support Cameralabs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:37 am 

ahhh French Fries are different!

There are 5 main types of chips!

Homemade - Chippie Chips - Chineese Chips - Freezer Chips (thick cut / crinkle cut) - French Fries

Chippie and chineese chips are each from their respected establishments.

They are all made from potatoes, but each has their own textures and tastes :D

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:27 am 

wow that's really cool, than I'ver enver had a real chips in the UK so tell me what do they taste like compared to french fries? How are they made?

Support Cameralabs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:46 am 

What about food that you stuff into your camera bag? lol. I wish I had two cameras, was a funny shot, nice sticky bun (Wraped up of course) jammed up next to the back of my D80 lol :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:23 am 
Site Admin

I love trying the street food when I travel, although you can get a bit unstuck if you know what I mean...

Probably the oddest thing I ate though was at a Beijing night market: yep, that's a scorpion kebab!

PS: for the record it was crunchy and tasted only of the oil it had been cooked in - a bit like an overdone bit of batter then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:03 am 

Man you guys are really fearless to try different things, hence my name orginated from a trip to Shanghai (where my parents are from), when I was traveling the tour guide showed us a fancy resturant and when ordered our food, I took a bite and ask what is was and (some things are better left untold) he said..... Rattlesnake. :shock:

P.S. Nice beanie hat!

Support Cameralabs!