Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:01 pm 

Well, it did indeed say post a message on the board as soon as possible, but I see no forum dedicated, or designated for introductory posting - no matter :D

My name is Daniel Devine, I'm a 16 year old student from the county of Fife in Scotland. I've just recently gotten into photography in general, but technology is no stranger to me! I've had my own computer since I was 4, Pentium 486 I think, with Windows 3.11 for workgroups...oh and Doom 1 on a network connection to the other computer; life was simple back then!

My passion for technology, and indeed computers, has not lost any momentum over the years, and if anything, has grown! I've been looking at cameras and the vocabulary that goes with photography, and have learned a great deal in a short space of time.

I've been looking at cameras, the first one I spotted which I liked was the Nikon D80, but obviously the price was a tad high, so the search continued and it eventually came to the Nikon D40x or the Canon EOS 400D, and after watching the video review, I decided to settle on the 400D, simply because I plan on using manual settings most of the time, and the fact that you have to go through a menu to change them on the D40x just put it below the 400D since I bet it would annoy me within a day or so lol!

There is a downside to this leap into photography; I'm having to sell my Xbox 360, and also my MacBook to be able to afford the Camera, tripod, bag, lenses and so on, since everything is so darn expensive :cry:

I've got around £200-£250 for my MacBook, but I'm still trying to sell my 360, with 3 games and HD cables, for around £200 mark, but as of yet no buyers! I'm also gonna get money depending on my exam results which come in on Tuesday, but unfortunately I don't think I've done amazingly well, but hopefully the mother will be sympathetic to the cause 8)

Well, thats my little introduction, so Hi Everyone!!!

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:11 pm 

Fife? I've heard of it but I didn't know it had the interweb yet :P

Just kidding mate. Welcome to Cameralabs, the place for all your photographic needs, or something like that. If you're looking for advice feel free to ask, one of the others who actually knows what they're talking about will be along with answers.

Make yourself comfortable. Put the kettle on, lol.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:15 pm 

A reply so quickly! :lol:

Thanks man, just noticed in your signature, the Flickr bit, I'm just doing that atm, but just putting the right colours in for it :P [and firefox has just told me I have spelled both colours and now firefox wrong...oh Firefox has a capital F lol]

As for the internet in Fife, use at your own risk - BT have been messing us about for ages, 8Mbit phh, sure, right now it feels like 512k! Although 24Mb in a year, and 100Mb in 3 Years, and one of my uncles friends who lives no more than 13 miles away, in Dalgety Bay, has 24Mb up and down, he can download 4Gb in under 30min...sick ain't it, thats the people slowing the rest of us down since it all has to go down one pipe in the end!

Indeed questions will be asked and minds will be boggled, mostly mine, but no matter :lol:

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!