Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:21 pm 

....being delivered Saturday - can't wait! :D

I've been wanting a decent TFT for ages as I've been using the same Dell 17" CRT for at least 7 years (it was pretty good piece of kit when I bought it!). So, just after midnight last night (and a couple of large glasses of red wine) my fingers somehow took me to ebuyer.com and clicked "buy" on this one :D

Anyone got one of these? Looks like it's going to be brilliant from the reviews below - fingers crossed! :D

http://www.overclockersonline.net/?page=articles&num=1631

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/206889/samsung-syncmaster-2493hm.html

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:20 pm 
Lucky you. :D Having said that you deserve it owning that old 17inch Dell CRT for so many years.

I have a Samsung SM226 myself. Not in the same class as what you are soon to receive. I experience a little trouble with the calibration software at first. I just couldn't get my head around it. The explanation in that Overclockers review would have helped me. :oops:

Just read the reviews and it looks like one excellent monitor to rival the Dell screens. Enjoy. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:41 am 

Yeah I was happy to see the calibration explanation in overclockers too - I generally just adjust a monitor to suit myself and have never appreciated the issues until I started getting into photography. Not sure I want to splash £400 on a ColorMunki unless I was going to try my hand at some professional work - not very likely if you've seen some of my shots :shock:

Bob asked me to do a review on the new tripod/head I got recently so I guess I can add this to the list too......when I can get round to it :D

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:01 pm 
Samsung have some great monitors....kudos to you. I have the BenQ 24" w/ Perfect motion technology for about a year now and not a moment bother. It got super reviews back in the day so its prolly cheaper now.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/ ... Monitor/p1