Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:18 am 
Big Pix wrote:
but it leans a little to the left,

Nothing I could do about that.... the engine crept up behind me with out warning as she was running on a caution signal was almost silent running sort of just coasting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:44 pm 
i heart that 70-200 f4(non is and is modles's) optic qualities are better than 70-200 2.8 (is and non is).Is that true ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:02 am 
I think that on photozone http://www.photozone.de there was something written on those lines, but I have a friend in our camera club who has the f/2.8 IS version who says his photos are pin sharp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:30 am 
Further to my post above....

70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Here

70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:50 am 
Thinking of getting this lens myself due to its being lighter and cheaper then the f2.8 version.

Any tips for use of this lens, or how well it works with a 1.4x TC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:06 pm 
hi all,

my first post here. also just got this new lens. i hope u don't mind if i have a close up image that i took with this lens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:39 pm 
Took my Grandson with me today to Lower Basildon... here is a picture of him in action with my spare Canon EOS 350D and with my 24-105 attached, looks like I have a real "Fotter" in the making :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 pm 

He's a lucky lucky boy.

Is he using Program, AV and TV modes yet ? =D

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:19 pm 
good to see the training start at a young age........ he will now need 2 jobs to pay for all the new gear he is yet to obtain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:56 am 
DD_nVidia wrote:
He's a lucky lucky boy.

Is he using Program, AV and TV modes yet ? =D

Straight into TV mode for the whole day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:59 am 
Big Pix wrote:
good to see the training start at a young age........ he will now need 2 jobs to pay for all the new gear he is yet to obtain :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is only 10 so jobs are a long way off yet... but I sort of have this gut feeling that Birthdays/Christmas lists could be a little different from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:05 pm 

What does everyone thing of the Non IS version. I really want a 70-200, and I'd love love love the f/2.8 but thats around 2000usd, and the IS f/4 is around 1000usd, where the non-is is only 579. And the f/4 doesn't come with the lens ring tripod mount (additional like 200) and I'd want that anyway, so why get the IS and that rather than the cheaper with it, and IS wouldn't be completely necessary.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:10 pm 
Defiance: It's quite good for young ones have the opportunity to learn about photography. I wish I had the luxury to do the same when I was younger. Am sure your grandson will grow up well with photography skills. Lucky him and you too having the same interest.

Jake: I went for an F4 IS version for few reasons. The obvious is cheaper than F2.8 version. I also want something that is lighter and smaller in size but doesn't compromise much. Both IS version of F4 and F2.8 have weather seals. IS is not a must for me but it comes handy as my hands are not the stablest yet. In many ways, all 70-200mm L lenses are good but it's up to you to pick one that meets your requirement and budget.

Here is one of my shot that I really like taken about a week ago:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:38 pm 
I bought my 70-200/4L IS USM a few weeks ago.
And i have to say. This might be one of the (if not the one) coolest piece of gadgets i ever bought.

The brillianse and buildquality is superb and it feels very solid.

The switch for autofocus-distance is very good, and makes the autofocus very very quick. I mainly shoot motorcycles outdoors, and this lens have no problem what so ever to quickly focus on a moving fast target.

I also like the feature to change between panorama-IS and full-IS

I have had a few issues with it not finding the focus spot on, but i think it's me and not the equipment.

I've also noticed that you gain much if you shoot in RAW and pull the RAW-sharpness up a tad when editing, or if you go into the camera menu and push the sharpness up a few steps.

Not sure if thats what folks have to do, but i do it anyway.

A few samples:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 pm 
Have you done much post prosessing on them above shots...they are absolutely pin sharp super. I am even more happy I got a 40D.....

Top Top Quality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next