Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:00 pm 

Quite right. Which is why thomasrichards sub is in pole position for me at the moment. Great shot with even better PP.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 pm 

Thanks for the link zorro, and thanks for the comment on my submission.

I'll check this plug-in now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:11 am 

lovely image thomasrichards(we have very similar tastes), get my vote so far :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:04 am 

Orsan Kart wrote:
lovely image thomasrichards(we have very similar tastes), get my vote so far :wink:

Thanks Orsan. I quite like yours too. Having the two subjects so far on the edges creates a lot of tension to the center of the image, as if they're about to pop out of the ground and engage in a cat-and-mouse chase :lol:

@ zorro. I cant thank you enough for the link to Color Efex Pro3. I love it. I'm messing around mostly with the 'glamour glow' filter and its making the portraits so much better :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:57 pm 

thomasrichards wrote:
Orsan Kart wrote:

Thanks Orsan. I quite like yours too. Having the two subjects so far on the edges creates a lot of tension to the center of the image, as if they're about to pop out of the ground and engage in a cat-and-mouse chase :lol:

@ zorro. I cant thank you enough for the link to Color Efex Pro3. I love it. I'm messing around mostly with the 'glamour glow' filter and its making the portraits so much better :D

Thanks, the story behind mine is that the tree is in fear, its looking onto a telegraph pole that once was a tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm 
I took this in June.

Hows it suit this month's theme?

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:01 pm 

Mikeroch, that's some great image you posted. Nice :D !

SnS, though your picture look great (I love the sky), for me it's not minimal enough. A complete blue sky with just one cloud would be great, but this contains too many elements to fit the theme, especially because of the sky.
Nice photo though!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:06 pm 

This one is the hardest one for me so far... Anyone else having trouble with getting ideas? My mind doesn't do minimal... every time I come close, I keep adding more to it XD

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:01 pm 
yep took me a long time to think of something still not happy with mine plus it always rain does not help
why could it be about rain this month us uk boys would be ok with that lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:31 am 
Site Admin

I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this month's Assignment - some great entries so far!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:41 am 

if I ever in a million years win one of these on Assignments, lutonmatt, my theme is going to be "water" I figure we could get anything from sweaty brows, to quacks, to thunder clouds, oceans, rivers, droplets, waterfalls...oh that is gonna be my pick...and when YOU win, what would you choose?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 pm 

patti wrote:
when YOU win, what would you choose?

That will be a secret until I win one of these Assignments... I though of a nice, and difficult one though, so start preparing for a challenge :twisted: .

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 pm 
patti wrote:
if I ever in a million years win one of these on Assignments, lutonmatt, my theme is going to be "water" I figure we could get anything from sweaty brows, to quacks, to thunder clouds, oceans, rivers, droplets, waterfalls...oh that is gonna be my pick...and when YOU win, what would you choose?

patti

water does sound good as you can do loads with it and something every one has

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:31 pm 
Hello everyone,

I submitted a picture of a dandelion as my answer to this month's assignment.

I failed to notice that Gordon was asking one sentence or two about the photo and particular difficulties I had encountered, so here they are:

I find the lonely dandelion in the park just as beautiful as many other things in life if you pay close attention to them. The hardest thing for me was that I had to get pretty close to it and to manual focus in the VF, but finally the patience paid off.

Best Regards,
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:32 pm 
Grahamnp i just wanted to say that your picture get my vote 100% no doubt about it.. simply stunning.. it def one of my favorite all time pics.. i think its just amazing.. i sit there just staring at how great is.. the bokeh and all.. I LOVE IT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next