Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:46 am 
Jim Hawksworth wrote:
That is an awesome photograph of that toilet Greg!!

Thanks Jim :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:22 am 

Hi Thomas,

Your entry is outstanding IMHO. A tribute to the Impressionists perhaps. The only way I could achieve anything remotely like it would be after several very large tributes to German lager and even then I think I would fail. Congratulations.

Bob.

P.S. Have you tried Photoshopping in a little crackelature on top of a canvas paper (not for In Assignment of course) or would that be a step too far?

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:49 am 

Thank you Welly and Bob for your encouragement!
I will print this out on matte, lightly structured paper and see how it turns out. A print will also add to the "non-photopraphic" impression of this image independant of the paper I'll use, as the brain recognizes it immediately as something artifical. I'll get back to you once I have the reaction of some people to the print...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 pm 
Greg, that picture of the lit up toilet is fantastic. There's something very Twilight zone about it... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:50 pm 
Urrgh! Sorry, but didn't made it for the June Assignment.

However, great captures from you guys. What brilliant ideas you have worked out for the theme. I'm impressed.

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:40 pm 

Hi everyone,
Richcaw I know there's a week to go but it looks like you're favourite.
Well done it's a great picture, so natural.
I must admit I voted for Thomas, really for showing whats possible without any great technology or special functions.
regards John :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51 am 

I thought this was a great choice of theme for June as demonstrated by the very impressive range of images and interpretations of the theme from all those who contributed. My own vote went to heavywinds, but I also enjoyed Jaymz, Thomas, HNV and smitty 526's images.

As for August's assignment, my initial thought was abstracts, but decided this was a bit too close to this months minimalism theme. So I have decided to go for Trees.

For me one of the fun parts of these assigments is discovering new techniques both in terms of original capture and then processing to create the final image. Therefore there are no limits on post-processing this month aside from not adding material that wasnt in the original image.

Good Luck and thanks once again

Richard

Canon Eos 5D Mk II, Canon Eos 40D, Canon 24-105 L IS USM, Canon 70-200 f4 L USM, Sigma 10-20mm ex dc hsm,4-5.6, Sigma 20mm f1.8 Canon 50mm f1.8 II , Lensbaby g3, Canon 100m f2.8 macro usm, Manfrotto 055pro, 488rc4, MacBook Pro, Lightroom2, Photoshop CS4 and some other stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea Richard, and congrats once again on winning June's Assignment!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:54 pm 
richcaw wrote:
I thought this was a great choice of theme for June as demonstrated by the very impressive range of images and interpretations of the theme from all those who contributed. My own vote went to heavywinds, but I also enjoyed Jaymz, Thomas, HNV and smitty 526's images. Richard

Thanks for the compliment on my image. As a person trying to get into photography on a professional level, it means a lot that you liked my image from a group of incredible images.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7