Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Music .... and music....
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:03 pm 
I am now in the middle of getting to kow my CS3 a bit better, quit stressing at times I can tell you... But listening to music helps me to get along a bit... currently I am listening to Gary Newman .... to be followed by probably Tori Amos or perhaps the Lou Reed berlin album .... what are you listening to right now when you read this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:14 pm 

Not listening to anything at the moment but was listening to the newly released SACD version of Duke by Genesis earlier. I can't wait til 7th July when I get to go to see them live at Old Trafford.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:46 pm 
I never liked Genesis much ... however I met Peter Gabriel in Vevey Switzerland when he apparantly was visiting Phil Collins whom live there. We spent a night on the tiles, as much as this is possible in Switzerland... he had some great ideas about changing the world, the environmental question as well as poverty ..... it really sounded great I must say, but then again how easy is this all when you have millions in the bank ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:27 pm 

I'm only slightly jealous that you met Peter Gabriel (well I'm green with envy but there you go). I've seen him live 3 times. There was a possibility he'd be joining the Genesis tour this year but it fell through. Hopefully he'll tour with them again at some stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Crikey, yep, I'm pretty impressed you met Peter Gabriel too. I once attended a press event at his New World studios and they were pretty impressive technologically, although sadly the man wasn't there himself...

As for music, if I have a lot of writing to do I tend to listen to stuff without words! Which tends to be 50s and 60s era Blue Note Jazz, such as Herbie Hancock's Takin Off and John Coltrane's Blue Train, although at Cameralabs we're also currently big fans of The Killers, Franz Ferdinand and the Kaiser Chiefs! Paul Simon's last album, Surprise, is also pretty good if you like his stuff. Then in the evening some Jill Scott to relax or old skool fun hip hop like Ugly Duckling! We even have some old crooners like Dean Martin or a bit of Country with Alan Jackson. Hmmm, I reckon that covers a few bases!

But right now for me, it's time to write, so on with the jazz!

I do have to say I certainly used to love Gary Numan and Genesis, so perhaps I should dig some of their albums out again!

Cornelius, where did you get the inspiration to discuss music here? Maybe I should create an off-topic section... what do you reckon?

Do let us know what you think about CS3 in the software section of the forum too. I'm a bit concerned that the latest Adobe Camera RAW update was for CS3 only. Does this mean CS2 owners are stuck at v3.7 forever? I'll ask Adobe...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 pm 

Gordon Laing wrote:
Do let us know what you think about CS3 in the software section of the forum too. I'm a bit concerned that the latest Adobe Camera RAW update was for CS3 only. Does this mean CS2 owners are stuck at v3.7 forever? I'll ask Adobe...Gordon

I just downloaded v4 today for Elements 5. It's weird that it doesn't work in CS2. I guess they want people to upgrade.

Gordon Laing wrote:
...although at Cameralabs we're also currently big fans of The Killers, Franz Ferdinand and the Kaiser Chiefs!...

Gordon

Karen approves, she has all of those in her car CD :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:54 am 

You can't go far wrong with Duke imo. I also really liked Abacab but that was a long time ago. Currently The National are getting a lot of earspace here, along with Velvet Revolver and Regina Spektor.

Zorro.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:35 am 

...Velvet Revolver - She Mine.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:48 pm 
International Players Anthem - U.G.K. feat. Outkast

Great song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:15 pm 

Editors - An End Has a Start.

Truly awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 pm 
Rush - Bravest Face

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:44 pm 
Details Of The War - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:28 am 
are there any death metal / black metal fans here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:23 am 

Biffy Clyro - Scary Mary

Sorry Drill, about as heavy as I get is Muse. Every now & again I'll listen to some Rammstein but that's about it these days. I find all that stuff kinda boring to be honest.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:04 pm 
ill even be honest most do suck in my opinion but when they are good , DAMN THEY ARE GOOD
Deicide , Vital Remain , Demonoid , Devildriver

those are just a few of my favorites

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next