Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Video tour.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:44 pm 
Hi Gordon.
I really like your idea with the video tour on 400D. I think I've ever seen this done before.
And congrat. with the first, as I concern, serious review on 400 D.
Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neptun, thanks for your message!

The video review is something I've wanted to do for some time, but was waiting for the right product - then the 400D came along.

Look out for more video tours in the future!

Gordon

Post subject: 400D Video
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:09 am 
WoW!! a clear & concise introduction about the EOS400D... Good speaking, Good Demo, Maybe a shirt that doesn't blend in with ya pale british skin & wallpaper :P
Wait till you get a kiwi UV tan...!!! :wink:

So you will do a video for the E400 next month?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi iRok, thanks for your kind words...

There will be more video tours in the near future, but all I can reveal right now is the possibility of me wearing a darker shirt next time!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:34 pm 
Hi there Gordon, I have gotten my 400D and have yet to maximize its capabilities. Am starting new and think this is a great camera.

Stumbled upon your review in You Tube, and it got me here. Smooth and organized review there.

Thanks loads!

Regards,
- m i n g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ming, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video - if there's anything else you'd like to see us cover in the video reviews, do let us know.

I hope you're having fun with your 400D - its a great camera. If there's any questions you have on the camera or photographic technique, feel free to post your question in the Canon forum.

Cheers!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Ming, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video - if there's anything else you'd like to see us cover in the video reviews, do let us know.

I hope you're having fun with your 400D - its a great camera. If there's any questions you have on the camera or photographic technique, feel free to post your question in the Canon forum.

Cheers!

Gordon

Kia-ora! No problem! I'm definitely enjoying my stay here!

Still unsure of how to produce "stunning" results with the kit lens (18-55mm). Well, if I stumble upon anything I'll you guys a question ay :D

Regards,
- m i n g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:23 am 
ll

Last edited by Marydoright on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:33 am 

Hi Gordon, I registered to congratulate you on the Video Tour idea. I think it's brilliant. I drop by your site frequently to see what new cameras you're reviewing and mainly to check out the videos. I visit a lot of different photography sites and this is the first video tour I've found. Keep it up. And when do we expect a review on the G7? :) S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:54 pm 
ll

Last edited by Marydoright on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:48 am 
Site Admin

Hi Heather, that's great news about your camera and I'm pleased you're already getting good results from it.

As I mentioned elsewhere, many people get caught up in the manual capabilities of DSLRs and forget they also tend to take great photos in Automatic.

Here's a quick tip though: in fully Auto mode, the camera will decide when to use the flash, and sometimes it'll pop up and go off at inappropriate moments - or when it won't even be effective, such as for subjects more than a few feet away.

So instead of Auto, turn the dial to Program (P) mode. It's still fully automatic, but lets you decide when to use the flash. If you think you need it, just pop it up. If the flash is folded down though, it won't go off.

Have fun and let us know how you get on!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:59 pm 
Hi Cameralabs,
Another YouTuber here just lovin' your video reviews !!!! Haven't seen anything that comes even close on other review sites ... and I watch A LOT of videos. Just wanted to say thanks and keep 'em coming dude....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Hi Space Cadet, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

We're really pleased you're enjoying the videos. We film a new video for every new camera we test now, so there'll be plenty more to check out in the future! In fact make sure you pop back later this week for our latest edition...

If there's anything you wish we covered in the reviews or videos, but miss out, just let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again!

Gordon