Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:34 am 
docablas wrote:
i'm sure i'm not the only one who appreciates the integrity and effort you put into doing your reviews gordon.

You are not the only one. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Thanks guys, and docablas, that's interetsing that you also didn't notice the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:45 am 
not sure gordon if it was an issue that would show up on light to moderate camera use, or maybe i didn't use live view as much as the others. i also shoot raw and use lightroom or the pentax photo lab, so the software may be automatically correcting the problem. at any rate, it is more fun to use the camera to take pictures instead of looking for pixels, no mater how hot they are.

alfredo

Post subject: Hot Pixels
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:44 am 

Hi Guys

For the record I also appreciate that Cameralabs conduct their own reviews and don't rely on information from others.

It's simple in my view, there are many sites with many reviews and if all of them were the same people would be very quick to moan about that.

I bought the K10D having read Gordon's review and many others including rei_vilo's (a sneaky mention for you there rei), Gordon's review did not seem quite as enthusiastic about the K10D as some of the others and helped me to make an informed decision, it is this kind of honest opinion/ approach that the majority tend to appreciate.

Of course, the above is just my opinion.

Cheers

Stu

My pic's - http://www.flickr.com/photos/10126769@N05/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:54 pm 

Bonsoir Stuey,

Thanks for the sneaky accolade :)

By the way, after one week on holidays, I realised this morning that the :arrow: Pentax K10D User Review got more than 25,000 visits (25,550 visits to be exact) :!:

More seriously and back to the topic, two points I personally consider as important
  • I really appreciate Gordon's reviews because they are closer to my use. The comments are done by a photographer and I understand them. There are many reviews available with lots of measures. My only problem is, I don't understand lab reports: I need explanations. Also, the video tour provides a great help in discovering how the camera performs in the user's hands.
  • The dead pixels and all the fuss about them seem reminiscent of the twisted sensor affair about the K10D. Yes, my K10D suffered from the twisted pictures and yes, I got my camera fixed. Most important, as I reported this issue on a :arrow: thread, I learned back, thanks to the forum, many DSLRs suffer from this sort of error (since a 1° mis-alignement represents a tolerance of 0.2 millimeters :!:) But I hadn't seen yet such passionate comments for the same glitches on other brands.

Best regards from France,