Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Canon Xti Lens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:30 pm 
Good Evening

I've purchased the Xti body only, now I am looking at lens', not looking for anything too fancy, good standard lens for about 200max$

what kind of lens are my option ?

p.s Payed 700$ canadian for Xti body.

thank you

bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jimmy, I'm a bit surprised you didn't go for the kit as discussed on the other thread - the Canon 18-55mm aint perfect by a long stretch, but it sure is the cheapest general purpose lens around when bought as a package.

Anyway, if you've gone for the body alone, and are after a budget general purpose lens, you should consider some models by Sigma and Tamron. That'd be a good starting point, but 200 CDN is going to be tough... I think you'll be limited to one of their 18-50mm lenses for that price. Or you could look on ebay for the Canon 18-55mm.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

PS - you could of course alternatively buy a 2nd hand Canon lens, and some EF models will be very cheap, but they may not be that wide on your camera - remember DSLRs like the XTi reduce the field of view by 1.6x, so if you were to pick up a cheap, say, 28-80mm, it would perform like a 45-128mm.

So if you want wide angle on your XTi, you'll need a lens which starts at around 18mm.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:41 am 
thank you so much for the info sir !
I will get a used kit lens for the xti/xt model, Its best I start at the basics and go on from there, its the right move for a rooke DSLR owner.