Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:47 pm 
Hi,

one of our favorite "haunts" is the quay along the river. The dogs can run free and there are some interesting sights. At the end, the Italian-styled architecture of a cluster of apartment buildings are arranged with a lovely view over the water. At night it looks quite magical.

Cheers :-)

All done with Nikon D40, ISO800, 18-55 kit-lens and a tripod. C&C always appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 pm 

Great shots. Do they still do the Dragon Boat racing along there or am I thinking of the wrong location?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: awesome
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 pm 
Yeah!! I love this area of New West, its great for all kinds of photos.
New West it self has some cool old architecture and it kinda reminds me of Seattle because of the old brick buildings and such. Nice Photos! I like the 2nd and last ones the best.

k8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:10 pm 

good ones, Lah...I like the last one, too...eggggselent work...even without quackage, this series works for me...dark, but crisp, light captured just right...love em. One of the most beautiful cities in the world...lucky pup. (s). Long time since you snapped some shots of the wonder dogs, ya know...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:15 pm 
Were these shots from that session you showed the "ghosting" images from, were talking ISO 400 here arn't we?

Some interesting captures right there! Looks like a very nice place indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 am 
Hi,

and thank you for the kind words. Not sure Bob, if there is dragon boat racing on Simon Frasier river. I haven't heard of it so far.

Yeah Kona - it's a great place for a walk and some sightseeing. They got some wicked scallops in the little mall and all-you-can-eat sushi for lunch for 13$ with a view over the river..can't be beat..lol.

Alex168 - good eyes!! Not from the same night, but from the same pier. We go there often and on this night there were no fireworks to snap...lol.

lol..patti..yes..when the weather is cooperating, it's a great place. Last 2 years I'd rather be where you are...unless you of course actually LIKE 200+ days of rain a year..lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:36 am 
LahLahSr wrote:
Last 2 years I'd rather be where you are...unless you of course actually LIKE 200+ days of rain a year..lol

Sounds like over here!

Nice shots Lah, I like the first one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 am 
nice captures...... but the only thing missing is the human element to put more life into the shots...... say a couple having a cuddle would do the trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:55 pm 

Just to clarify, it’s called the “Fraser River” not Simon Fraser.
The Dragon Boats race in False Creek, which is in Downtown Vancouver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:07 pm 
Him

yes, Big Pix - I agree with that. They are a little "static" as they are.

Thanks WestCoast..good to know. I kind of assumed the full name was Simon Fraser although everyone calls it as you say. Gotta check out the dragon boat racing sometime - wasn't aware of it. Would you happen to know when that is?

Lol grahamnp...can be a little exhausting..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:59 am 
Hi LahLah

always love your shots. The last one is my favourite in this series :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 am 

LahLahSr wrote:

Gotta check out the dragon boat racing sometime - wasn't aware of it. Would you happen to know when that is?

June 20/21/22 at Creekside Park (Science World), should be some good photo ops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58 am 

you take care of the mini weiners, then Lah, with all that rain, they might be moldy minis...I would flip if Brutus got mold.
Being so close to the ground, and prone to puddle splash, it could be a problem, ya know...not so with da ducks. NEVER a mold problem. And by the way, I am waiting on some mallard flockage from you.. Mister Mod.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

patti