Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My first diptych
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:55 pm 
I m in a black and white mode i must say, been shooting a few images and just going with the in black and white. I was walking about when i spotted this, i though it was amazing, it looked beatiful. So i shot it from various angles just be sure i got a nice shot. Which i did, so i tried to combine them into two here are the results:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:49 pm 
amazing.. i have been shooting in black and white for forever trying to get pictures this good.. im jealous of your photography!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:26 pm 
hey alex...now this is a simple/stupid question, coming from a beginner..but when shooting in B&W, can you do it on your DSLR or do you do it in your photoshop program?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 am 
Avlis wrote:
hey alex...now this is a simple/stupid question, coming from a beginner..but when shooting in B&W, can you do it on your DSLR or do you do it in your photoshop program?

It's not a stupid question, and although I don't want to answer on Alex's behalf, this is what I've found.

It's better to always take colour images in camera. You then have the option of going monochrome with editing. If you take only monochrome in camera then you will not have the option of going back to colour later on.

Interesting image(s), Alex. I like the subject of the taps, but what's disconcerting is the left side of the image. The angle is disorientating and I would say the slant is too much for me. Perhaps the more conventional 45 degrees might work better? For that reason it's not one for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:33 am 

Photoj wrote:
Avlis wrote:

It's not a stupid question, and although I don't want to answer on Alex's behalf, this is what I've found.

It's better to always take colour images in camera. You then have the option of going monochrome with editing. If you take only monochrome in camera then you will not have the option of going back to colour later on.

I agree with you there Ed, I too think its much better to shoot color, even if you don't like it in color, because maybe in future you'll find that you could have used an element of that photo in a logo your designing or for something else.
]
I believe alex uses the last technique the video he posted on his blog. And its also the same one I do, it takes about 1 or two minutes in photoshop, I don't use the whole thing. The guy in the video does a bit od dodging and burning which I typically skip.

I like it alex,
Jake

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"