Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:46 pm 
I don't mind not shooting Raw for the assignment. I think it adds to the "challenge" aspect and will make us "only Raw" shooters think more about what in-camera settings to use, which I don't usually worry about, and it will make us want to get that exposure spot on without relying on software to rescue us :)

Just this once though...I really don't want to go back to shooting JPEG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:50 pm 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Of course, one could always use RAW + JPEG for the shots intended as possible competition entries. :wink:

Good idea!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:04 pm 
Sorry. Didn't knew about this "RAW-problem" as I'm not using the function on my G9.

The intent with the no-post-processing-rule was to challenge the photographer to get the capture right on site - not by making it perfect through "magic" software. Recently I have begun to do some post-processing myself - though very amateurish - in Picasa, which makes it much easier to get a perfect photo. However, I'm not saying that post processing isn't a work of art on its own.

To challenge your guys and myself to use our cameras as the only tool to capture great pictures I introduced this rule. Maybe it will actually force us to master our cameras' creative options? It is sort of a "back-to-basic" rule, which I hope will be a challenge for the June assignment - just the June assignment.

Don't know if it is possible to introduce this rule so everybody - including RAW-photographers - can join the assignment. Anybody with an idea? If the idea of using RAW+JPG-mode solves the problem for everyone, then it should be our compromise.

To answer Thomas Richards' question: The idea of my rule is that no post processing of any kind is allowed - including cropping.

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:34 am 

Thanks for clearing that up JC.

Oooohhhh... this is gonna be fun :D

Great theme, the possibilities are unlimited (of course only to the limit of the camera).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12