Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm 
Wow Thomasrichards, thats a great shot.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hey popo, if yopu'd like to learn more about using a DSLR, check out our sister site www.dslrtips.com !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:43 pm 

Thanks for the link, somehow I managed to miss that site so far. I think I have the theory in my head, it's just experience I need now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:04 pm 

Whoa, Georgie2H.
This is surreal :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:58 am 

Thanks Melvin87. It's nothing special though. Just been too busy with exams to get out and really challenge myself. I just got lucky by walking past this puddle at the right time.

Next month will be a different story though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:55 pm 

tomasrichards.....
that shot just has to get it, its very good (in my opinion :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:33 am 

Thanks Robodent :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:17 pm 

whoooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! this stuff is killer, gonna be a hard vote again...

gonna go check all the submissions out again!! Love this thread...just love it.

patti

Post subject: On assignment comments
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 pm 

Wow! The May assignment has produced some great pictures.
I particularly love Urdygurdy and calmacs pictures!!!!
Great job everyone!!!!
yaince

Flickrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 am 
Hi nir and divetex!

I couldn't offer you a warm welcome in the actual assignment-entry thread, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to welcome you here instead.

Way to go, making your first posts entries in this month's assignment - and what great images to make a splash with!

Glad to have you among us.

So many great images in this month's assignment. I don't know if it's just me getting older and more sentimental, but it seems to me that with every new assignment, the submissions are getting more and more impressive?

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 am 

I think that the newbies are rocking the place...and that is what makes this place great...not many places embrace the newbies...made to feel somehow inferior, or left out, when the big guns post or comment...here, each person is valid, input appreciated, and for those who have been around a long time, all remember when they were new, and trying to put it all together...learn here, with all of us. Become a better photographer, learn to develop your eye, learn from the great video clips from the one shirted man. Last call for the month of May, almost....and June will be something...no post processing...whoohooo!

Nothing makes me happier, then to see these first shots...invitin' all you newbies to post some quackage on da duck o'the day, or the photo of the day, and the monthly On Assignment...I agree, Lah. These photos are getting better and better...how many do we have now? I did not even count...

Great, great work.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:34 am 
odf84 what a beautiful spot.
Markh - flute - you win. Thought after I posted mine that I should have done a flute reflection in glass or something. And black and silver - after my own heart :D . Do you play well? and what? I'm strictly amateur for my own enjoyment, although i played in a local band years ago. And brass, anything brass rules - have to come up with a photo for the trombone. :lol: :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 am 
Thanks miki, glad you like the shot. (Although I'll quietly correct you and say it's a clarinet :P)

I've been playing for about 6 years and, like you, mostly for my own enjoyment. However, the piano has kind of taken my music over recently. I love being able to combine music and photography. I took a piano shot here.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:08 am 

Hi there mikeroch!

Welcome to the Camera Labs forum community.

I must say, that's an interesting shot you got there. Gave me some vertigo which I had not felt since a particular dive many moons ago.

Keep it up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:21 pm 
Mark H - :oops: yes sorry I realise that looking again- I was sleep deprived at the time just got home on graveyard shift. :lol: :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next