Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: TZ5 firmware
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:23 am 
I have seen some people posting that they have firmware version(s) 1.0.6 or 1.0.9 on their TZ5 (came installed). Using PhotoMe, I see that mine is 1.0.4, which I believe most people have. It's possible that they are confused. Does anyone here have a higher version? If so, I wonder how one gets they hands on it, post purchase. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:35 am 
According to information I found on another forum, Panasonic doesn't release updates for its P&S cameras. (This information may not my trustworthy of course.) I had a quick look around the Panasonic update site and found nothing either. :(

Anyone know of any different info?

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 pm 
I had read that as well. But I have a hard time believing that: a) they could stay competitive in a market where other companies are continuing to support their products post-release, and b) that they could release newer versions of the TZ5, with improved firmware, and expect those of us with older versions not to riot.

I think my mp3 player (Samsung) has had 5 or 6 firmware updates in the past year/year and a half; seeing how a digital camera is a lot more complicated a device, I can't imagine that there are not "tweaks" to be made. Unless, of course, that is just their underhanded way to force consumers to but their next model. I don't know much about Panasonic as a company.