Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 am 
Defiance wrote:
It would have to be a bloody big duck to use as transport

Hows the American WWII vintage DUKW vehicles?

Entrepeneurs and their crazy ideas.

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:12 am 

love ya, sns....thank you for always coming thru..a duck transport...see Roy? I knew there was such a thing...lol...will wonders never cease, and here, sns finds it...lol...love it...I wish we could photoshop little duck heads in there.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:34 am 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Hmm. No Boots. It's rubbish! :P :roll: :wink:

patti wrote:
and no ducks.

rubbish.

I guess they just missed out on some of the best ideas here then! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:21 am 
Site Admin

We have a winner! Congratulations to JC on a win with no fewer than 13 votes! JC now has until the end of May to name the theme for June’s Assignment, plus any conditions like allowing post processing, montages etc. JC, please let us know your theme and rules in this thread.

As always, thanks to everyone who entered - it was an excellent assignment, and congratulations also to quintendejonge and Cameralabs forum moderator Bob Andersson who came second and third in this contest!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:40 am 

whooooohooooo! congrats, JC....great job, now YOU get to think up something wonderful for the next Assignment...not to much pressure...the entire global Camera Lab community, will be waiting...look how many people got in on this one, from all the different countries, and I say, what an honor to win, and an honor to select the next "theme"...

congratulations on a great win...well done!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:05 am 
Congratulations on the win!!!! :P:P Now get choosing !!

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:25 am 

Has anyone else noticed the trend? Last month chaplainblake won, has posted nine times in total and hasn't posted since suggesting the theme for April. This month JC won and has posted three times in total. It looks like the key to success is to spend less time on the forum and more with the camera. Well, that lets me out then. :lol:

Seriously, congratulations JC. Looking forward to your theme for June. 8)

Bob.

P.S. Thanks to those of you who thought my manky old boots were worthy of your vote. Much appreciated and very encouraging. 8) 8)

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:01 pm 

Congratulations JC! You deserve it!
I'm curious about next month's theme...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:45 pm 

well done JC can't wait, nine days to go
all the best with your choice for June, yes June already wow
regards GCJ 8)

Post subject: Theme for June
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:47 am 
Hola

Sorry for not replying or comment anything in here, but here in Denmark we are busy with over exams.

Thanks for all the votes. A pretty tough competition with so many good captures. I especially liked Hailstorm's tram, Bob's boots , alex168's bikes and Syncharmony's model F1 (took me a while to see it was just a model - great idea).

For the June assignment I will go with one of the great ideas from "Suggestions for themes". Although there a many good suggestions JakeOConnell's suggestion "Power of Light" stands out. Since photography is the art of drawing with light, this suggestion is more than brilliant and therefore I will appoint it for the June assignment. So the contesters are to illustrate the power of light in their capture. I will also go with a rule, which makes it a bit more challenging. For the June assignment post processing is not allowed.

And just to reply on this month's assignment, I really like Deino's boat, zorro's river, LahLahSr's fireworks, sunil's boat, Georgie2H's fortune teller globe (if it's the correct name) and more. All of them is pretty classic and optical reflection - but still brilliant - where as Georgie2H's picture also - for me at least - interprets metaphysical reflection, which Gordon Laing suggested in his thread.

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:03 am 

Hi JC,

Congrats on the win. And I like your idea of no post-processing, but could you be a little more elaborate as there are members who prefer to shoot in RAW mostly and this does require some post-processing. Also are changes such as cropping permissable?

Post subject: Re: Theme for June
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:13 am 
Congrats to you, JC - nice to see a fellow Dane win the contest ;) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:53 am 
Well I for one won't be taking part in the June one now as I only shoot in RAW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:39 am 
Congrats JC!

Defiance wrote:
Well I for one won't be taking part in the June one now as I only shoot in RAW

I assume the no post-processing rule exclude JPEG to RAW conversion along with all the minor tweaks that go along with it? Then again, minor is hard to define.

Some clarification on the no PP rule would be appreciated JC. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 pm 

Yes. If you use Canon's DPP software, for example, to create a JPEG from a RAW it should pick up the camera default settings (the ones the camera uses when it creates its own JPEGs) and use those. That means, within the spirit of a friendly competition, that no post-processing has been applied. My guess is that a similar situation applies to other camera manufacturer's RAW converters. Using third party RAW conversion software with custom settings might fall foul of JC's intent, however. :?

Of course, one could always use RAW + JPEG for the shots intended as possible competition entries. :wink:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next