Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I got a job!!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:30 pm 
I have been asked to do some shots of horses for a breeder in the summer, it will be about a weeks worth of shooting in it ( early mornings and late nights for the light conditions) but I am wondering what price should I ask and any gear i should get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:59 pm 
Hi. I don't know enough about your photography, but you should be thinking along the lines of charging just enough to cover expenses if you're starting off. The kit that you have is adequate for daylight photography. For the evenings, I wouldn't even consider attempting it without studio lighting.

With regards to kit, there's more than lenses to consider when you're thinking of jobs in photography - lighting, props, computer hardware/software, monitor, colour management, printing logistics.

Will you need to produce prints, or just digital images?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:33 pm 
I will be just putting them onto a cd, no prints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:09 pm 
In that case the full colour management workflow from monitor to printer might not be necessary.

I can't really elaborate any more on my last post without knowing the whole brief of the job you've been assigned, but what you have already should be sufficient to cover the daytime photography of the horses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:03 am 

well, depends on how close you want to get to the horses. Perhaps a 70-300 Sigma lens which is about £150-ish might come in handy, but certainly isnt "needed"

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 am 
but take an umbrella and have someone next to you open and shut said item as the sudden movement and noise will make the horse ear's come forward and a look in your direction, also for a better pix....... that is if that is required