Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My first HDR!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:00 am 
Hey everyone,

This is my first HDR (Well technically not first cuz I have been playing around to make it right.....hehehe) and it is taken at the KLIA, Malaysia :D

I know about the reflection though. That's because:

1)There a glass in front of me (duh), I'm at the airport
2)It's in the evening and the down lights behind me is kinda bright

Feel free to give constructive comments and critics :) :)
(Give some advises as well ;))

Peace

Click for the full image

(Processed using Photomatix)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:41 am 
Site Admin

I really like the composition, but to avoid reflections when shooting through glass, either press the camera lens right up against the glass, or position it v close, then use your hands / coat / etc to form a 'seal' between the lens and the glass itself - this will eliminate all reflections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:43 am 
Thats a sweet shot.

What Gordon said, another one is to turn of all the lights indoors but i guess you couldnt do that at the airport :P

How many EV's did you use? Photomatix? The HDR is nice and i cant post any big ol' halos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:16 am 
Well done xnightz! I like the 'vignetting', the spotlight effect.

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:51 am 
Hey all,

Gordon, thanks, really appreciate your advise ;) The plane just came down and parked in front of me so it's a good opportunity...LOL :) :) I'll try to reduce the reflection next time

Alex, thanks for your post ;) i currently used all M mode for all of my images. And so I just took a picture with a few with low exposure (high shutter speed), a high exposure (low shutter speed), and a right one. All of it with the aperture set on f/8.0
However, according to photomatix 9yes i used photomatix :) :)) it's +3/-3 :) :D

Sns, Thanks for the compliment, I like slightly dark images and contrast, hahaha :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:31 am 
Nice work Xnightz. I very much like the purple tint to the light on the ground, and how it contrasts with the golden colour of the sky. And honestly, I kind of like the reflections - it's a good reminder that this view is from inside the airport, as if someone is waiting on this or some other plane. Or maybe it's just because I can picture myself (who has a bit of a plane fetish :D ) staring out and being really drawn to the view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:35 pm 
Hey Colin, thanks for the compliment :) :)

Well, some people likes the relfection but some people just take it as an error in taking the picture :) :P

I personally don't mind the relfection, it seem like a good addition...hehehe

Btw, i played around the detial enchancer in photomatix until i really got the composition i want. It took a long time, and took some of my sleeping time as well....haha

I guess it's worth it :P

I'm kinda getting into the mood of HDR now...LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:24 pm 

Well, I hope you are really in the mood for HDR, because, your efforts here are phenomenal...it always amazes me when you guys get into the tweaking it mode...just alittle here and there, and something this elegant shows up...Iknow nothing about how you do this, I only know that I like it.
Of course, starting out with such a wisely composed photo, makes it all the more, and I hope you continue along on this adventure, because it works!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:06 pm 
That is brilliant.. i love this picture.. this is perhaps one of my favorite photos ever!!.. and probably the best HDR ive ever seen.. its so brilliant.. great job here i just love it.. and the reflections arent bad but i would like to see them gone.. give it a go next time please.. and make it look this good because i want to see one without reflections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:34 pm 
I Thing this is a great photo, and the reflection doesn't ruin it, this is your first HDR... can't wait to see when you get more practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:37 am 
Wow....Thanks for the great comments guys, really appreciate them, hahahaha :D :D :oops:

Well, I like HDRs and think they are kinda cool. When my fren introduced them to me, I just gave it a go :D :D. Also, I've seen zorro's HDR before this and they are fantastic... :) :) inspiring much? :P

I dunno about everyone but I think HDR can sometimes make the picture look too fake....sometimes at least...haha...I guess I shouldn't take HDR THAT much, just regularly, but I would like to make it a habit, as sometimes the pcitures are the best as it is? Everyone agree?? hehehehe. It's just my thought anyway.

Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful comments ;) and emp93 i'll make one in the future with no reflections :P

Well, it's time to take my camera out for more practice

Peace :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:45 am 

Photoshop CS3 HDR Merge using 3 raws (0EV, +/- 2EV)

Cheers,
HNV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:14 am 
@Xnightz: overall, great shoot... except the reflections

Post subject: great job
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:29 pm 
i love the colors and it definitely looks photoshopped just because the colors are so vibrant and rare, this is a great photo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:36 pm 
Thanks amped, kinda flattered with all the compliments i got so far :oops:
ahaha, I'll post more soon :) :)