Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:37 am 
If you merge to HDR in CS3 you shouldn't have to do it again in Photomatix, merging to HDR in one or the other should be sufficient. If you do it in Photomatix however, the image that you are presented with after the merge is not the final image. You have to tone map it first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:14 pm 
Yes, that is what i did. I want to merge into a HDR using CS3 and use only photomatix for tone mapping. I saved the HDR from CS3 into a tiff file. I then open it in photomatix but all i see is black when i open it. what am i missing? thanks for the reply... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:09 pm 

What happens if you do the merge within Photomatix? Does that work out? And why use Photoshop for HDR anyway? In my limited experience PS is pants at HDR.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:04 am 
Yeah, you're right. I was tried to follow a tutorial in youtube. He merged the different exposures in PS and saved it into a tiff file. He then loaded the tiff files in photomatix for tone mapping.

Anyway, I tried what he taught but all I get is a blank screen well I load it in photomatix. I was just curious on why it wouldn't work. I use photomatix for everything anyway. Thanks for the reply!

Fritz :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:55 am 
Hello again!

How do you minimize noise in your HDR images?? :)

Fritz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:35 am 
I put the images through noise-ninja after Photomatix is done with them. Playing around with the various settings and sliders in Photomatix also helps but this would vary from image to image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:36 pm 
Just popped in to make a quick apology for not responding to people from back in February. I'm glad this tutorial and all the others available out there are helping people.

Alex, judging from the photos I've seen from you lately, you've obviously got HDR all sussed out now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 am 
This is great, thanks Mark.
I've always tried to do HDR but the tone mapping procedure was just the hard part for me, i guess i have to experiment a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 am 
Hey Mark,

Great tutorial, I'm going to have a good read and use that later! Question regarding the three different shots. You've suggested changing the shutter speed, elsewhere I've read that you can use exposure bracketing. Will there be much difference in the images by using either technique?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:14 am 
Welly wrote:
Hey Mark,

Great tutorial, I'm going to have a good read and use that later! Question regarding the three different shots. You've suggested changing the shutter speed, elsewhere I've read that you can use exposure bracketing. Will there be much difference in the images by using either technique?

you could just use one image and copy paste is a couple times on your comp. and digitally change the exposers to merge them...or is that bracketing...idk. thats usually what i do though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:35 am 
Welly wrote:
Hey Mark,

Question regarding the three different shots. You've suggested changing the shutter speed, elsewhere I've read that you can use exposure bracketing. Will there be much difference in the images by using either technique?

Hi Welly,

No difference. Exposure bracketing automatically changes the shutter speed as long as you take the bracketed pics in Aperture Priority so the depth of field & focus doesn't change. Remember to keep the same, low ISO too. If you leave it on Auto it could increase on the under-exposure and you want to keep it as low as possible on all pics to keep the noise levels down.

Good luck, look forward to seeing your results.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 am 
wow...what a great tutorial...ever since i've been on this forum, HDR photography realllly caught my interest...now all i need is a DSLR to take pics! :cry: ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:46 pm 
Hey there, haven't posted here in absolutely ages!

I'm having a bit of trouble with merging HDR's in photoshop, well not the merging bit anyway.

I want to convert them into black and white after the process and my usual way is

Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Black & White.

However after the merging the image seems to be locked and I can't do anything major to it, I'm confused! If anyone can shed any light on it I woul be very grateful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:04 am 
Awesome tutorial!
Finally, i've been looking for a HDR-how-to...
Thanks and nice shots btw..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:54 am 

this is my atempt..

these were taken at 11pm tonight with the moon the ONLY source of light, im amazed the camera can find light i cant see with my own eyes!

outcome......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next