Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:23 pm 
Well I was in Dijon yesterday and I didn't bring any mustard back but a few shots.

1. How I got there...

2. Lights

3. On the road

4. Cheminots

5. Streets of Dijon

6. Sidewalk

7. Alone in the Parc (yes this title is a pun)

8. The best use I've given TV antennas so far

Hope you like them! Please comment them and give me your valuable feedback as always!

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:35 pm 
I Really Like These! "Great Series Quentin!"

My only comment would be about the forth photo, it appears to be slightly rotated CCW to me? ...just my thoughts!

Thanks Again, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:31 pm 
No comment as to the merits of your photography.... but would just like to say thank god we do not have all our railways electrified with ref photo #1 what a mess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:38 pm 
I second that Defiance. I much prefer the third rail system they use in parts of the UK. That is, unless you accidently step on the live rail :shock:

Nice photos though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:34 am 
Really nice photos Quentin! Number 2 is my favourite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:25 am 
Thank you for the kind comments guys!

Michael, about the forth picture, you may be right about it being a bit tilted, or maybe its due to the floor itself... not sure. Thanks for pointing that out

And yes our railways look little messy but we have highly qualified train drivers that know their way through, when they aren't on strike that is :twisted:

How are the railways in the UK electrified? Can't be as good as here :D

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:55 am 
I got some of that mustard in my fridge, good stuff!

But not as good as these photos! I really think you pulled it of very well my friend, the photo with the bench the pigeons the one with the carts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:26 pm 
Q u e n t i n wrote:

How are the railways in the UK electrified? Can't be as good as here :D

Quentin

In the south of England it is run with a third rail which is another rail which is electrified, parts of the East Coast Main Line and the West Coast Main Line have overhead electric cables as in France but, the Great Western Main Line is not electrified at all and never will be as 99% of the line is of historical importance and is subject to Preservation Orders and I only found that out this past week see piccie below...

See how tidy it looks :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 am 
Hi quentin!

I like 2 for the magnification, 3 for the oldie look, and 7 for the pun! :lol:

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm 
Defiance, that's the cleanest railway I've ever seen! :D Any high speed trains that use these tracks? :wink:

Thanks again for the comments SnS and Alex.

Jim Hawksworth mentionned on my flickr that the bench picture would've looked nice in BW, so I edited in black and white. Let me know what you think!

Alone in the Park (BW)

take care everyone,

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:00 pm 
Now Q, i have to ask about that "angle that you decided to go for" if u saw some inspiration in the shot i took a while back

I love that angle that you decided to go for there, just had to say it one more time!

And i think putting this in B&W makes it look even more French!! The B&W works really well for me, what method of turning the image B&W did you use?

Thanks for sharing Q!

p.s i hope me not mind calling you Q :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:42 pm 
Actually I just thought that scenery would like nice, I don't remember seeing that picture of yours before.

About the black and white, I used the "photo effect" option on Picture Project and I also lowered the brighteness to make the picture darker, having more personality, and strength maybe?

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:56 pm 
I think it adds a bit of a history, i think its great!

Honestly i been trying to use a "bench" as framing a shot and i have found that the only way to use it is by doing what you did there, it doenst really work good in any other way..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:50 pm 
well I guess what works well is to have something to catch your eye (here the flowers on the bench) and then something to gradually pull you in the picture (the pebbles and the fountain)

getting a lot of experience through here!

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:29 pm 

My fav: Alone in the Parc (original version)!
Great dof and perspective.